KpB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5
Level 5

Sunderbans, the largest Delta in the world.

Hi, I'm KP Bandyopadhyay, by profession geologist, promoting Geotourism on world geoheritage sites especially in Indian subcontinent. Requesting all to interact on the subject, to share knowledge. Thanks.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
4 comments
Level 2

Re: Sunderbans, the largest Delta in the world.

Hi I'm JM Moxey I'm interested in nature vegan foods and traveling places.😃

Level 5

The Sundarban is a natural region in southern Bangladesh and the extreme southern part of the Indian state of West Bengal in the vast river delta on the Bay of Bengal. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest in the world. The Sundarban covers approximately 10,000 square kilometers (3,900 sq mi) most of which is in Bangladesh with the remainder in India. The Sundarban is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Sundarban South, East and West are three protected forests in Bangladesh. This region is densely covered by mangrove forests, and is the largest reserves for the Bengal tiger. The Sundarban National Park is a National Park, Tiger Reserve, and a Biosphere Reserve located in the Sundarban delta in the Indian state of West Bengal.

Level 5
Level 5

Let's have a program to create a group visit to Sunderbans.

Level 5
Level 5

Plenty of vegetarian foods are available on the zone. Let's have a visit in the area. Welcome.