DebanjanChakrabort's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Summit

I want to attend summit. Why Google only choose people who haven't done nothing?

So many people attending I can see only Level 2 Level 3 like that.

My friend Level 10. Good friend. Good Mapper. No summit.

So sad.

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Summit

Hello @DebanjanChakrabort. With over 50 million Local Guides all over the world, and with the Summit limited to only 150 attendees, the team was looking out for Local Guides with not only great and consistent Google Maps contributions, but also 

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a supported community moderator, Connect moderator, meet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English
Of course, interested Local Guides had to express their interest by
  • Submitting a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Submitting a post on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into his or her experience with the program

Everyone stood a fair chance and continues to be considered for future Summits. 🙂 Keep contributing and look out for opportunities coming your way. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @DebanjanChakrabort,

Which Summit you are talking about?

Level 9

@Debanjan wrote:

I want to attend summit. Why Google only choose people who haven't done nothing?

So many people attending I can see only Level 2 Level 3 like that.

My friend Level 10. Good friend. Good Mapper. No summit.

So sad.

Hi @DebanjanChakrabort,

Need not to be sad about summit. Unfortunately local guide who are on level 5 can attend summit, in summit 17 there was no local guide who was on level 2 or 3. 

I may not be able to share all details in a single reply but here is a link with full description, 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/summit

Kind Regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 1

That what I mean. Level 5 Level 6 like that one. Both last and this summit I am talking.

Only people who are boost abt local guide like Facebook, Twitter get dat.

Only ppl making meet up or adding only hospital?

ppl who actually are doing contributing by editte, photo and review not get choose.

Very sad that one. Google not choose fairly.

Level 1

Also Connect Moderator not Top Contributing that one.

Top Contributing for years like Rising Star until they get promote. Hard work they did that one.

Connect Moderator simply get select and go to summit.

Simply they select and get invite?

Very sad. Very sad....

Level 8

Hi @DebanjanChakrabort,

First of all, you are Level 1, so you are not elibile to apply for both #LGSummit16 and #LGSummit17.

(Google has lots of Summit events each year.   And there are some conferences that is hosts by third parties also called Summit.  So we must be very specific to which Summit we are talking about. )

Level 5 was the Top most Level, when both #LGSummit16 & #LGSummit17 are open for application.

It is impossible to have Level 2 or Level 3 Local Guides selected to attend #LGsummit16 or #LGSummit17.

(Of course, except Googlers, which they are staff to host the event.  But they are there to take care of the Summit Attendees.  They are staff, not Attendees.  So their Local Guides Level do not count.)

Please get your facts straight first.

(At the very begining, I wonder why a Level 1 Local Guides will complaint Level 2 & 3 can attend LGSummit, as it is much easier for you.)

Then of course, you are welcome to provide feedback on how to improve the selection process.  Or what kind of balance should be targeted among the Attendees to create the biggest possible impact to the Local Guides Program as a whole.

ps. 

I am a Connect Moderator.  I attended #LGSummit17.  But I am never told why I am selected.  Because of my contributions to Connect, to Local Guides, host Meet-ups, attend Meet-ups, to Maps, to other Maps related Communities?  I am not so sure. 

I am proud to be selected and be able to be among those 151 top Local Guides.

Level 1

Sampson Sir, 

I am providing feedback only that one

I told I made mistake Level 2 no, Level 5 correct Me not talking abt me Me talking abt me frnd Lvl10 good mapper

I dnt knw abt meetup. I am talking Local Guide Summit. This Local Guide forum, what other one I can able to talk?

See, you agn Connect Mod try to redirect issue by showing small mistake in me post.

I am not abul to know correct English. I know that 1. If u want to make the joke you make the joke. I dnt care.

What myself try to say is - why u select only G+ Community Mods and ppl that post on Facebook, make meet up?

That is not the mapping. Simply people meet and walking add photos, how mapping?

Mapping is 1st editing correct info then add review. With not adding place how you can expect that one photos reviews?

BTW I was da Level 7 before. Because I not select and random people select I deleted Google acc.

But then I wnt to improv my area Bangladesh - that why I join again.

Still if u not want to listen and choose the wrong ppl and make fun of da me. I can't do any. 

I knw many ppl feel same.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @DebanjanChakrabort. With over 50 million Local Guides all over the world, and with the Summit limited to only 150 attendees, the team was looking out for Local Guides with not only great and consistent Google Maps contributions, but also 

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a supported community moderator, Connect moderator, meet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English
Of course, interested Local Guides had to express their interest by
  • Submitting a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Submitting a post on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into his or her experience with the program

Everyone stood a fair chance and continues to be considered for future Summits. 🙂 Keep contributing and look out for opportunities coming your way. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 1

Ms. Jesyln,

Thnx for response from ur end.

But, what participate in community do with good Local Guide?

Thnx

Level 9

Hi all, @YK1001@JeslynL,

Just as a warning, on a sidenote, this user has been spamming multiple forums such as Tez, Google Maps, Google My Business.

Thank you.

Time Lord: Google Maps Top Contributor, Tez Top Contributor