NapoleonD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Suggestions on how to promote a recently created community?

Hello Everyone! I've just recently created a community for Local Guides interested in Baja California and Baja California Sur (both desertic and beautiful states of México) because I saw there wasn't a community for this region of the world which I find strange given the fact we have mesmerizing views to the ocean, beaches, mountains, deserts and overall great material for cool photographs. And don't get me started with the 5 star hotels to boutique hostals and so on. So much to share! Just one problem though, not many of my inner circle friends are interested in photography, google local guides or anything internet related so it's being very difficult to get people to join the community.

I've asked before about hot to engage with more members but eventhough I got great advice on keep on going and don't give up, I'd like to know your recommendations on more specific things you've done or saw when growing a community, like specific ideas you have tried yourself or saw others doing. I would like to gain some knowledge on the technical side of growing a community for local guides. 

Any ideas, tips you can give me?

The community is called Baja Local Guides by the way, this is the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112726113729206475102

La Paz, Baja California Sur, México
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Suggestions on how to promote a recently created community?

Hola @NapoleonD Te recomiendo publicar esta comunidad en la sección por lenguaje de Español, habemos varios mexicanos activos que podríamos ayudarte uniéndonos a la comunidad para conocer un poco de tu Estado. Intenta promocionar tu comunidad en otras redes sociales y con tus amigos para que te ayuden a aportar. Cualquier sugerencia que publiques para ir de turista, para desayunar, comer, cenar, acampar, ir por unos tragos, etc. esas pequeñas publicaciones recomendado un lugar ayudarán a que tu comunidad tenga actividad. En mi firma puedes encontrar mi comunidad de Querétaro, no somos muchos pero vamos por buen camino, me uniré a la tuya para conocer un poco de BCS. Saludos!

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides