preceramic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Stunning Cascade and Waterfall around Mt. Chokai(Part 1)

In this summer, I visited Akita Prefecture”秋田県” and took some photographs of cascade and waterfall around Mt. Chokai”鳥海山”.Mt. Chokai”鳥海山” is an active volcano with an altitude of 2,236m that spans Yamagata”山形県” and Akita”秋田県” Prefectures. Since Mt. Chokai”鳥海山” is an active volcano, columnar joints ”柱状節理” can be seen in many places around it.

In the morning of September 19, I visited Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” in the upper stream of Mototaki river”元滝川”. There is a parking area located 650m far from the Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” and I walked the promenade to reach the Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水”.

After the arrival, I was stunned that the sound of the underground stream was very loud compared to the size of the waterfall. The water was flowing down the columnar joints covered with the moss was very powerful, and I was watching and felt that the force was coming out.

If you have a interest in cascade and waterfall of Japan, I recommend you to visit this waterfall.

The view of  Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” from north.The view of Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” from north.The view of  Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” from south.The view of Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” from south.The foreground of  Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .The foreground of Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .The foreground of  Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .The foreground of Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .The foreground of  Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .The foreground of Mototaki underground stream”元滝伏流水” .

日本、秋田県にかほ市象潟町関 元滝伏流水
29 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Stunning Cascade and Waterfall around Mt. Chokai(Part 1)

@preceramic さん

隣県、秋田県の滝のご紹介ありがとうございます。近いのに知らない場所がたくさんありますね。

マップ上から動画等も見てみましたが、とても面白い光景でした。

来年はちょうど秋田に行く予定がありましたので、その際タイミングをみて伺ってみたいと思います。

Level 10

@HiroyukiTakisawa  )様

いつも大変お世話になっております。

早速のコメントをいただき感謝申し上げますm(__)m

夏休みに訪問した秋田県の滝をいくつかご紹介していこうと思っております。

小さな滝ですが、水量はとっても豊富なので、暖かくなりましたら是非、御訪問ください(*^^*)

川口 武彦

Level 8

Bls: Stunning Cascade and Waterfall around Mt. Chokai(Part 1)

Woooww.. nice waterfall.. @preceramic 

Level 10

Dear, ( @Nita_IND )

Thank you very much for your words.This waterfall was very beautiful and it's sound was very powerfull.

Yours, Sincerely

Takehiko Kawaguchi

Google Moderator

This place looks AMAZING, @preceramic. Thank you so much for sharing with us. The waterfall is gorgeous and the photos you took, more than stunning. I would like to use some of them as a wallpaper.

Is this area easily accessible by public transportation? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

nature always brings natural beauty,

Cheers

Nita

Level 10

Que fotos tan impresionantes amigo @preceramic !!

¿Que cámara utilizaste? o usaste tu celular? 

Level 10

Dear, (@Ivi_Ge )

Thank you very much for your comment.

I changed the resolutions to drop the file size of these photos under 3MB to share here, but the resolution of the original data is much higher as 5184×3888 pixels. 

The nearest train station is Kisakata station”象潟駅” of JR Uetsuhonsen”羽越本線” and there is a bus from the station. It takes 35 minuites from Kisakata station”象潟駅” to the bus stop ”象潟病院前” 1km far from the waterfall and its fare is 200 japanese yen.

Yours, Sincerely

Takehiko Kawaguchi

Level 10

Dear, (@Avraham_Jurado )

Thank you very much for praising my photo. These photos were taken with a Panasonic's mirrorless camera.

Yours, Sincerely

Takehiko Kawaguchi