Edwin_Marchan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Street View Car Mount Ideal Speed

Shoutout to the Street View Community - 

I have recently started to document certain areas of my city with my Samsung Gear 360, mounted on my car and on a helmet.

Question: what is the ideal speed for photos taken in "Interval" mode?

Edwin Marchan
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Street View Car Mount Ideal Speed

Well the learning continues, it's really not working that well mounted on a car, atleast the geo tags were all over the place, connected the dots on the app:

Edit photos you connected

• Add a connection between two photos: Tap the light line.
  • Delete a connection: Tap the solid line.
  • Align a photo: Slide the compass at the bottom of the screen. It's correctly aligned when the numbered circles are in the right places.
  • Fix photos taken indoors or near buildings: Drag the numbered markers to the right area.
  • Save your work: Tap the numbered markers to check connections before you save. Tap Done Done

Changes still aren't reflected till after 24 hours

Now as ti my original question of "ideal speed" well....slow because you need to snap pictures every approx. 10 meters/ 33 Feet -....this did work on the beach very well....

@Edwin_Marchan wrote:

So I started the adventure and mounted the tripod and Gear 360 on my car top, at 20-25 miles per hour which is the speed limit inside my community, as forecasted, no blurry images, all seems ok, will test at greater speeds, lets see what happens.

so a car may not be the best option...will continue to test...and update

Edwin Marchan

View solution in original post

Level 10

So I started the adventure and mounted the tripod and Gear 360 on my car top, at 20-25 miles per hour which is the speed limit inside my community, as forecasted, no blurry images, all seems ok, will test at greater speeds, lets see what happens.

Edwin Marchan
Level 10
Solution

Well the learning continues, it's really not working that well mounted on a car, atleast the geo tags were all over the place, connected the dots on the app:

Edit photos you connected

• Add a connection between two photos: Tap the light line.
  • Delete a connection: Tap the solid line.
  • Align a photo: Slide the compass at the bottom of the screen. It's correctly aligned when the numbered circles are in the right places.
  • Fix photos taken indoors or near buildings: Drag the numbered markers to the right area.
  • Save your work: Tap the numbered markers to check connections before you save. Tap Done Done

Changes still aren't reflected till after 24 hours

Now as ti my original question of "ideal speed" well....slow because you need to snap pictures every approx. 10 meters/ 33 Feet -....this did work on the beach very well....

@Edwin_Marchan wrote:

so a car may not be the best option...will continue to test...and update

Edwin Marchan
Level 10

632A1320.jpg

632A1319.jpg

632A1322.jpg

Edwin Marchan