Culebrxs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Starway To Heaven - In Cologne's Cathedral

Last June, I spent my holidays in Germany, and I visited the city of Cologne (Köln). Some citizens told me to go up to the top of the Cologne's cathedral (Kölner Dom). It's a must if you go as a tourist. Externally, I think the cathedral is a beautiful and dreamy building, but inside is much more better. And well, the ascent to the top... More than 500 toilsome steps! But they are really worth it (discarding, obviously, the vertigo that the height produced me). The views of the city and the River Rhine really amazed me! I would climb the tower a million times (a misfortune for my legs).

OutsideOutsideStairsStairsViews (1)Views (1)

Cologne Cathedral, Colonia, Alemania
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Starway To Heaven - In Cologne's Cathedral

Hallo @Culebrxs,

vielen Dank für diese shöne Fotos!

Ich denke auch, dass der Dom sehr schön ist und besonders drin. Die Aussicht, die man von dort sehen kann, ist etwas was man nicht vergessen kann. Die Treppen, wie Du gesagt hast, sind sehr schwierig aber es lohnt sich. 

Ich habe Köln im Jahr 2012 besucht und ich war auch sehr begeistert von dem Kölner Dom. Hier kannst Du meine Photos von dem Dom sehen. Es war sehr schwierig zu fotografieren, weil der Dom sehr groß ist:

Caption: A photo of the Cologne Cathedral (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of the Cologne Cathedral (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Caption: A photo of the Cologne Cathedral in 2012 (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of the Cologne Cathedral in 2012 (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Hast Du deine Erholung dort gut verbracht? Kannst Du für die anderen Local Guides noch interessante Plätze in der Stadt empfehlen?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @Culebrxs,

Thank you for sharing your experience visiting the Cologne's Cathedral. It kind of reminds me of the cathedral in Strasbourg. You can also climb to the top there, but when I visited it was too crowded and I didn't get the chance. Now I really regret it, seeing what amazing views open before your eyes once you climb there.

Caption: A picture of Cathedral of Our Lady of Strasbourg (Local Guide @LilyanaZ)Caption: A picture of Cathedral of Our Lady of Strasbourg (Local Guide @LilyanaZ)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Betreff: Starway To Heaven - In Cologne's Cathedral

Ich will hier jetzt nicht Miesepetrig sein, aber darauf hinweisen, auf die Fotografierregeln in Kirchen. Innerhalb des Domes sind private Fotoaufnahmen erlaubt. Auch diese bedürfen einer schriftlichen Genehmigung vorher.

Ein Hinweis an Google Localguides und auch an die Google Zentrale. Google in der Form in der Maps und auch Streetview im Moment sich darstellen sind keine private Nutzung. Es gab ja die entsprechende Diskussion speziell an Weihnachte Kirche ist in solchen Dingen auch nicht zimperlich. Ich kann aus bisherigen Gesprächen erkennen, dass man erst einmal die Europäische Gesetzgebung abschliesend abwartet und Gerichte dürften die private Nutzung nur auf Fotografieren OHNE Verbreitung über das Internet begrenzen. Da wenn jemand auf Google Maps Bilder anonym hochläd nicht so einfach zu ermitteln ist, dürfte es darauf hinauslaufen, dass Google selbst bei Innenaufnahmen zur Kasse gebeten werden kann.
Oder eben eine andere Lösung findet. Ich versuche seit Monaten ohne Erfolg Moderatoren zu sensibilisieren sich darum mal zu kümmern und nicht erst wenn das Kind in den Brunnen gefallen ist.

Alleine für den Kölner Dom dürften es sollte es einen Rechtsstreit geben um einige Millionen Euro gehen und Google wird sich fragen lassen müssen inwieweit versucht wurde Menschen zu bewegen (Durch Mails mit der Aufforderung Bildmaterial für Maps frei zu geben) Google Maps mit Bildmaterial zu beliefern ohne den Hinweis auf eine benötigte schriftliche Genehmigung.

https://www.koelner-dom.de/informationen/faq/

Ich fotografiere auch und kenne die Probleme. Aber wir sollten uns langsam wirklich auf Google Local Guides intensiver mit dem Thema beschäftigen. Ich bin kein Jurist und ich kann nicht sagen ob das Treppenfoto oder der Blick vom Turm hier darunter fällt. Mit einer entsprechenden Genehmigung ist man auf der sicheren Seite.

Hi @Culebrxs,

I've noticed that your post has a German language label, so I removed it. If you want to know more about the language labels I recommend you to read the article How do I find posts in my preferred language?