CaffeinatedPiglet's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Specialty coffee

I am a specialty coffee lover and I decide on my my holiday destinations based on the quality of coffeeshops in the area. Would love to see your lists of best places to get coffee wherever you live. 

IMG_20190201_124125_716.jpg

One of my lists for Lyon is below. 

Specialty coffee
https://goo.gl/maps/rXDqbL3H55N2

Lyon, France
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Specialty coffee

Hey @CaffeinatedPiglet,

Wow, this is awesome, thanks for sharing! This is so up my alley, as I'm a huge coffee lover. Any type of coffee, for that matter. 🙂 If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a flavored latte. Have you ever tried red espresso or a red latte? 

Here is a list of my favorite, recent visits to coffee shops around the world:

1. Mugg & Bean - Johannesburg, South Africa

2. Afreddo cafe - Sofia, Bulgaria

3. Coffee Island - Thessaloniki, Greece

Caption: A caramel flavored latte at Afredo cafe, Sofia Bulgaria. ( Local Guide AlexaAC)Caption: A caramel flavored latte at Afredo cafe, Sofia Bulgaria. ( Local Guide AlexaAC)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @CaffeinatedPiglet. Thank you for sharing this heart-warming in the morning photo. Having a good cup of coffee in a calm and relaxing atmosphere can really boost your mood throughout the whole day.

My personal favourite is "The Old Lady" in Sofia, Bulgaria. They make the best Sunday brunches around.

Caption: Coffee and softcakes in the " The Old Lady"  Sofia, Bulgaria photo by Angela SousaCaption: Coffee and softcakes in the " The Old Lady" Sofia, Bulgaria photo by Angela Sousa

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @CaffeinatedPiglet,

It's a great idea, thanks for sharing.

I'm a coffee lover, and I'm always searching for good places when I'm travelling. 

My list is:

1. Bodega Bar, Eger Hungary

2. Vintage Garden, Budapest Hungary

3. CAFFÈ VERGNANO 1882, Athens Greece

Caption: A mug of marshmallow latte with chocolate on top in Bodega Bar, Eger, Hungary (Local Guide @Petra_M)Caption: A mug of marshmallow latte with chocolate on top in Bodega Bar, Eger, Hungary (Local Guide @Petra_M)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Viite: Specialty coffee

Hi @CaffeinatedPiglet,

Beautiful photo of the coffee! Here is Lime cafe I recently visited, which had amazing coffees and cakes.

Another favorite place for real espresso is Cosmos, which in my opinion serve the best espresso in town! 

Caption: A photo of  two cappuccino and two cakes in a cafe, Sofia, Bulgaria. (Local Guide DanniS)Caption: A photo of two cappuccino and two cakes in a cafe, Sofia, Bulgaria. (Local Guide DanniS)

Would love to see more cool cafes around! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Vendor

I love coffee too @CaffeinatedPiglet. Thank you for sharing your list with us. My favorite one is Cafe Ma baker. One of the best places to have a brunch :).

Caption: A photo of vegetarian sandwich with olive paste, lettuce and gouda cheese in a black plate. As well a cappuccino. (Local Guide @InaS)Caption: A photo of vegetarian sandwich with olive paste, lettuce and gouda cheese in a black plate. As well a cappuccino. (Local Guide @InaS)

I know @VasT you are a coffee lover too. You can share your favorite place with us.

Google Moderator

Hey @CaffeinatedPiglet ,

I love your photo, the coffee looks just like my next cup of cappuccino. Is that Piglet on the photo? I am more of a fan of Tiger. 🙂

I drink my coffee with milk. Usually when I am not at work, I meet my best friend and we go to the local coffee shop in my neighbourhood. When I am at the office, sometimes I get a nice cup of cappuccino from a chain cafe called Ciccione.

Just the other day I had an amazing latte at Dubai Marina complemented with a black waffle. It was very tasty and any other chocolate lover would appreciate it.

Caption: A photo of a black waffle with ice-cream and chocolate and two cups of coffee next to it (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a black waffle with ice-cream and chocolate and two cups of coffee next to it (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @CaffeinatedPiglet,

Such a cute piglet and thank you for sharing your lists with us. I am a coffee lover too and if I go to Lyon one day I will take a look at these places. 

I was in Madrid few days ago and there went to a really good coffee shop. The name of the place is The Secret Garden of Salvador Bachiller and it is hidden inside a shop.To get there you will need to take the elevator to the last floor and you will arrive directly at the secret garden.

Here is one photo from there. 

Caption: A photo showing table with coffees and orange juices. (Local Guide @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo showing table with coffees and orange juices. (Local Guide @Ivi_Ge)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

It's hard to choose a favorite, I like so many @InaS.

@CaffeinatedPiglet, thank you for sharing your list. You can take a look at our post We tried 3 different bakeries in Sofia where we mentioned some of our favorite spots.

One of my recent discoveries is Daro

Caption: A photo of a tray on top of it there is a biodegradable cup of cappuccino and next to it a cheese muffin.Caption: A photo of a tray on top of it there is a biodegradable cup of cappuccino and next to it a cheese muffin.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @CaffeinatedPiglet 

Thank you for sharing your special coffee. I also had a special coffee when I visited Abu Dhabi

Le Cafe is the best place for a coffee in Abu Dhabi that I had tried. The special is cappuccino it's coming topped with gold powder. I can share some photos of the coffee in Abu Dhabi.

Caption: A photo of Le Cafe in Abu Dhabi  (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Le Cafe in Abu Dhabi (Local Guide @Aruni)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!