IsmailOnatÖ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Some companies giving misleading information to business owners

Hello,

I am a gstv photographer in addition to being a level 5 guide and communicating with a lot of hotels in Turkey. I heard from some business owners, they have calls from some companies which says "if you want to keep going to be shown on Google Maps, you have to pay a price to us", some of them says we are calling from Google. I tried to learn about company names phone numbers etc. but none of owners noted any detailed information about that call. Sadly some owners paid some prices to that misleading companies. I warned that owners; Google doesn't want any payment about shown on Google Maps. Is there any other one who heard like this situation in your region? And what should i say or do who asks me about this subject?  

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Some companies giving misleading information to business owners

@IsmailOnatÖ Sadly some people will always be "scam artists" rather than legitimate business people. If you are ever able to get the name and info of these companies attempting to scam businesses (especially using the Google name) please do send it our way. In the meantime, the only thing we can do is try to educate businesses that it is free to claim, edit and manage their listing on Google Maps. Thank you for your help trying to save these business owners!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Some companies giving misleading information to business owners

@IsmailOnatÖ Sadly some people will always be "scam artists" rather than legitimate business people. If you are ever able to get the name and info of these companies attempting to scam businesses (especially using the Google name) please do send it our way. In the meantime, the only thing we can do is try to educate businesses that it is free to claim, edit and manage their listing on Google Maps. Thank you for your help trying to save these business owners!