AdventuresWithRosy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Signatures - Rules\Guidelines?

Hi fellow Local Guides

I have a question regarding setting up the Signature, are we allowed to have links to our external social media pages such as YouTube or Instagram?

I couldn't find anything about it in the Local Guide Connect Rules but I may be looking in the wrong place 🤔

An feedback would be appreciated 😁

Bronson Dredge

Proud New Zealander | My Contributions | Love going outside, exploring, chasing waterfalls 
& finding Missing Places.

New Zealand
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Signatures - Rules\Guidelines?

Hello @AdventuresWithRosy,

Thanks for reaching out! Just as @AlexandreCampbell shared with you there are no specific guidelines for the signature, except for refrain from advertising or adding links to sites that include some kind of advertisement.

My advice is to not share personal information such as phone number, (email) address, etc. You also shouldn't use any kind of Google or Connect logo. The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials without expressed written permission.

P.S.: Therefore you can conclude that you can add a personal blog, social media link to your profile as long as you don't violate our program rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @AdventuresWithRosy 

Though many local guides are displaying links to their social media accounts, that's not encouraged.

As far as possible, you should not provide links to any external pages, other than the ones in google.com or localguidesconnect.com domain.

That's better for privacy, security & safety.

Instead of that, follow Local Guides on Facebook & Twitter & share links there itself.

Connect Moderator

Hi @AdventuresWithRosy. Thanks for reaching out. Although there is no particular rule for signatures, we always need to follow Local Guides Program Rules (you can find them here). 

There's no prohibition to share your social media in your signature. On the other hand, you should avoid sharing any advertisements. You mustn't also share personal information like phone number, email address, home address, credit card number, etc.

I hope it can be useful!

Cheers, 

Alexandre 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @AdventuresWithRosy,

Thanks for reaching out! Just as @AlexandreCampbell shared with you there are no specific guidelines for the signature, except for refrain from advertising or adding links to sites that include some kind of advertisement.

My advice is to not share personal information such as phone number, (email) address, etc. You also shouldn't use any kind of Google or Connect logo. The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials without expressed written permission.

P.S.: Therefore you can conclude that you can add a personal blog, social media link to your profile as long as you don't violate our program rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thanks @C_T appreciate your reply, I might just put the link to my Google Guides profile

Thanks for the advice! 🤗 

Bronson Dredge

Proud New Zealander | My Contributions | Love going outside, exploring, chasing waterfalls 

Level 9

Thanks @AlexandreCampbell 

I guess technically there would be some advertisements as my YouTube videos have ad's in front of the vidoes sometimes...

Thanks for your advice, i might just share my Google Local Guide Profile  👍

Bronson Dredge

Level 9

Thanks @TsekoV appreciate you posting the solution! 

I think I will just have the link to my Google Local Guide profile in the signature and nothing else.

Thanks for the fast response 😊 

Bronson Dredge

Level 8

Trả lời: Signatures - Rules\Guidelines?

Test adasadada

Mr. Lewis
Wanna explore Viet Nam - Follow me.
‍