Rahul001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Showing wrong details

Screenshot_20231117_174936_Maps.jpg

Baskin Robbins is showing hotel details for a ice cream shop. I seen this error for past week and thought it may change. I hope anyone knows how to fix it 

Trivandrum, Kerala, India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Showing wrong details

Hi @Rahul001 

Thanks for reporting this.

Kindly always include MAPS links to the places when you post on Connect. 

Cheers
Morten

Level 8

Hi @MortenCopenhagen 

Thank you for seeing this report and I hope it will get fixed. I seen these errors so many times where it shows hotel by mistake.

Connect Moderator

@Rahul001 

Thanks for adding the link. 

I suspect the problem could be that owners can select a few extra categories (that we can't see nor edit) and if one if these resemble a hotel this could be the result.

I noticed that in India a restaurant can be named a hotel. Maybe this could explain the issue.

@DeniGu, would you kindly take a look at this?  I think we need some guidance on how to get such cases fixed rather than just getting this particular case fixed.

Cheers

Morten 

Google Moderator

Hi @Rahul001,

Thank you for reporting this. I have escalated the case to the relevant team to check why these details appear on the ice cream shop listing.

@MortenCopenhagen is right that business owners registered with Google Business Profile can select different features and attributes for their listings on Maps. As those cannot be edited by Local Guides, what you can do is:

• Send feedback in Maps
  • Tell the owner that you've noticed incorrect information on their business listing

Hope this helps!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @Rahul001,

I wanted to follow up and share that the hotel details have been removed from this branch of Baskin Robbins.

Thank you again for reporting this.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you @DeniGu for looking into the error and fixing it.