YumiSapporo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Share your most popular photo on Google maps.

This is my most-viewed pic:

Christchurch Cathedral Newcastle, NSW

Yesterday: 421,184 views.

Today: 426,039 views.

Average hits: about 2K per day.

This is NOT the only photo of this building on Google Maps; there are a few dozen, mostly very good. 

So why the huge number of views of my image?

On the other hand, a shot of the Manhattan skyline I look from the George Washington Bridge spiked to 48,000 views in a week, and then stalled. That pic now gets only a few hits per day. My guess is that certain Google Maps and/or Google Photos we make public are found and linked to a blog or news-site, because of some current matter. There, they attract some attention, until the public gaze shifts elsewhere.

SDG

Stephen Gard | The BlueDawe Studio
Level 7

Highest view in my timelineHighest view in my timeline

95k + views on this photo

VishalJadhav
Former Google Contributor

Hi @VishalJadhav,

What a lovely photo, thank you for sharing.

Can you tell us a bit more about it? Sharing more information about the images you upload will help others to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 7

This photo is actually captured in hindu festival call gudhipadwa this is statue of hindu god name as tuljabhawani this is one of famous god of hindu

VishalJadhav
Former Google Contributor

It looks gorgeous @VishalJadhav, and also looks very big and colorful. 

By the way you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 6

I'm a little late on this topic, but here's mine. A shot of a restaurant, through the big mirror taking up one of the walls. I love it because of the movement of the workers. That was a happy accident. It also shows the dining room in an interesting perspective.

Cafe Gratitude, Kansas City, MOScreenshot (34).png

Level 8

Some great pics in this thread and ideas for future travels, thanks for sharing them.

Here is a screenshot of my two most viewed photos on Gmaps. 

The first from a Ft Lauderdale hotel balcony and second photo from inside a restaurant in downtown Greenville,SC...I don't understand why some photos get more views than others as this pair of pics are taken with a s4 and pretty lame imo, but whatever.

Screenshot_2019-02-14-08-43-55.png

Level 9

Any tips on how to get a cool photo to get more views?

My top photos are definitely not the best photos of the places I have visited:

guides 4.30.2019.JPG

Thank you,

Doug

Level 8

@YumiSapporo Thanks for your wonderful post.My Most Viewed Photo on Google MapMy Most Viewed Photo on Google Map

Original Photo taken at 'Ganpatipule Temple' Ratnagiri, IndiaOriginal Photo taken at 'Ganpatipule Temple' Ratnagiri, India

My Local Guide Connect Profile is Here

Vijay Paradkar
India
Level 6

Its very fickle. I've read an article about google photo views and it states that there really isn't any way to predict what will work. 

I had no idea that the   photo of mine that has  several million views  would be so popular. Other photos I thought would get high views haven't.

Just keep at it, you might become pleasantly surprised...