BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

Personally, I view it this way:  Promote the local businesses you love and you are giving them a small leg up to stay competitive and keep serving the product or food you enjoy so much.  I've enjoyed the program so far, and look forward to future improvements.  If the Googlers out there want an extended critique just track me down.

Level 7

Don't only take nature or landscape pics. Take pictures of signs, menus, food, and any other items that you think will help others understand a location. 

Level 5

Hello all!

Been down for a while but I hope now I can share more on my new trips. Starting as local guides a while ago and suddenly ended HERE 😸

Personally I like when a review is accompanied by pics of the ORIGINAL condition. No filter, show the tables and chairs, and show the real building entrance. It makes it easier for the Google map users in identifying the place, esp foreigners.

Specify your favorite menu and features, and mark the stage time of live music (if any) or any entertainment also helps.

Oh, not to forget, PARKING LOT. Since I am roaming around in Surabaya and it's surrounding, I understand that parking availability is always a concern...

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

On this post, share your insights into:

• Taking great photos
  • Writing helpful, detailed reviews
  • Adding hidden or great new places
  • Answering questions
  • Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

end-of-year-celebration-950x475 (1).png

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

• Taking great photos
  • Answering questions

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

Level 5

Especially for masjids/musholas, I will put down to the map inshaAllah.

Interior, exterior, location, atmosphere, etc.

Jazakallah.

Level 2

I am kin to visit new places because l want to visit all places of lndia so l thought that lf l would help the people with my experience then it will be plesure for me so l became the guide on gòogle map
Level 7

i work to make google spam free in Chennai India. Google Maps is dumped by spam. am just cleaning those spam locations, places, business. 

Kind Regards

Rajkumar Kanagaraj

Level 2

One of the best things about being a Google Local Guide is that your exploration could be a motivation or a source of information for somebody else. This fills me with a sense of joy and pride of being a Google Local Guide. 

Marking a new place on the map not previously on the map, is not only marking a location, instead it is equivalent to opening up that place for exploration by other fellow Google Map users. 

Writing reviews about some place is not only about sharing your experiences at that place but it also provide Map users with the information to plan their trips to that place. This in result demands us to be more responsible,impartial and informative in our reviews. Unknowingly we sometimes are biased when it comes to review some places close to our lives. As a Google Local Guide I try to share my views without any bias.

Google Maps have revolutionized the ways in which one looks at the world. As guides we have the responsibility to make it more informative and rich with experience for the other fellow Maps users. Keep exploring !!    

Level 6

To share is to express yourself and the way you see your surrounding. You live these precious moments and make a memory out of it and when you share those moments or events you let all other experience the same moment. With your little effort everyone get a chance to enjoy it or for few, it acts as a trigger to visit that location.

While sharing these experiences just keep in mind few points:-

1-Tell us what you like most about being there.

2-Upload the picture for better visualisation of the location.

3- If you explore new location then you can add that as a missing location which would be a help to others.

That's it from my side. Hope you guys like it.

Thank you

Akash gupta.

Level 7

In writing reviews my policy is 

1. Let us be honest about our reviews, irrespective of our personal feelings and attachment to a place. Let language, religion, or any other bias not influence us to speak good or bad about a place. Instead, let us speak what we really saw, supported by photographs if we could grab one. 

2. It is important to keep the reviews simple. Let the statements be short but meaningful and in simple language.

3. Every location has some key-features associated with it or expected from it. We may be reviewing a material, place, organization or service. Let us highlight those key-features in our reviews so that people become aware about the place before they make a choice of going there. 

Level 2

Hello frnds & google from all over the world. First I would like to wish all my frinds and people employed in google a very warm HAPPY NEW YEAR . So i"m Subho saha from kolkata (WEST BENGAL) INDIA . From childhood I had been loving to travel to different lovely places like hill station , sea side , etc...and i have had the habit of guiding my relatives and friends by telling them about the places and their negetives and positives and other attractions present there . So it's my passion and interet to guide people about places they would like to visit . Besides Google also helped  a lot by creating the Google Maps & Navigation app...to not only me...but also to the millions and billions of people in the word in every moments of their life by guiding them about places and by showing directions and distances . Google

• Taking great photos
  • Answering estions

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaD’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.  

oogle Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your bes tips from the past year.

has made life much more easier for people from every corner of the world . And i will continue my job of guiding..... Thank you people & googe.....