VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Share Your Experience Uploading Videos to Maps

Thanks for tagging me @VBenedict! I will tell you about my experience with videos:

1.  Can you please share your step-by-step  experience uploading videos to maps?

I always had a good experience uploading videos. Maybe it uses a lot of my RAM so sometimes the phone lags a bit... but it's never a big problem.

2.  Do you use your Mobile device to upload Videos:

Exclusively (I only use my phone to record videos) 

3.  Please describe a step by step how you do it.

I usually take photos and record videos with my phone camera, and when I arrive home (or somewhere with WiFi) I upload everything together to Maps.

3.   When you use your desktop; what are the step by step?

I've never used my desktop to upload videos.

4.  Are you mostly on WiFi or on Data?

I'm mostly on WiFi. I only use Data when I know that I'm visiting many places, so I don't get confused when uploading the photos to different places. 

On either process, Mobile or Desktop, what difficulties do you encounter most?

As I said before, the biggest difficulty that I find is that it takes a lot of RAM, so my phone lags a bit. Right now I can't think of any other difficulty.

I hope my participation helps 🙂 

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

@ValeriaA_ Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Interesting that you are able to upload both video and stills simultaneously.  Most of us are able to upload still images along with our reviews, post, then have to go to Gallery and share the video to Maps => the business.  

If the business has a separate VIDEO tab under PHOTOS the video will appear in the in this sub-tab.

If not the Video may or may never show up.

I have had several videos never published.

Level 10

Oh wow @VBenedict, that's strange! I upload everything together. I use android, maybe it's because you have a different OS?

@VBenedict  escribió:

@ValeriaA_ Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Interesting that you are able to upload both video and stills simultaneously.  Most of us are able to upload still images along with our reviews, post, then have to go to Gallery and share the video to Maps => the business.  

If the business has a separate VIDEO tab under PHOTOS the video will appear in the in this sub-tab.

If not the Video may or may never show up.

I have had several videos never published.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

@ValeriaA_. I am a Samsung Note Android Oreo.

Many of LGs are not able to upload images simultaneously.