ThomasBiziouras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Saint Mary of Torniki Church in Grevena

This church had to be moved as a whole in 2011 because of the artificial lake that was created in the area. It is an Orthodox church with a very rare design, having two floors. You can visit it at specified days and hours. A special live concert event is happening there every year, under August's full moon

31165366_10156213863139631_399479250412896256_o.jpg

The moving of the church, 2011

August full moon concert, 2018

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Moni Panagias Tournikiou, Δεσκάτη, Ελλάδα
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Saint Mary of Torniki Church in Grevena

Thanks for sharing @ThomasBiziouras, very nice photo and videos, it looks so nice there.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @ThomasBiziouras,

Wow that looks really beautiful! Are the events happening every year? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

@TheEagleEyethank you 🙂

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Level 6

@DanniS  For the last few years, yes, with August's full moon

Former Google Contributor

That sounds very exciting @ThomasBiziouras! Are you living near this place? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

@DanniSabout an hour's drive

Level 9

Looks beautiful place, thank you for sharing with us @ThomasBiziouras