Young_Lion's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Robbed of Local Guide Points by Google

Why is Google robbing me of my points after notifying that I wasn't getting points for answering questions?
My total never went past 34,392.  Now a day later, I was robbed of almost 10K points and thousands of picture with accrued  points were deducted, bringing my total points to +22K!
I am contacting the federal agencies investigating you to alert them of your racist and retaliatory  practices. What you are doing is very wrong and it will be made public.
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Robbed of Local Guide Points by Google

Hello @Young_Lion,

Thank you for reaching out! We will have a look into this.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to have a look at The 5 core values of Connect. Furthermore, I am going to move your post to the How-tos section, the place where Local Guides share and ask questions related to Google Maps and Connect!

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you. Please help.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Young_Lion

Please visit this link and make sure that you have selected "Keeping activity until you delete it manually".

Otherwise, you will keep losing points from answers given by you when they get deleted automatically by Google.

This should solve your problem in the future. Sorry, there is no way to recover the points you already lost.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 8

Thank you very much Morten, 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

Connect Moderator

Same to you, @Young_Lion

It would be really helpful if you would use the tagging tool when replying to someone here on Connect. Type @ followed by the username. Type slowly. Then we get an e-mail notification and you are more likely to get a prompt reply.

Happy holidays and new year. 

Cheers

Morten 

Level 10

Thanks @MortenCopenhagen , this explains why I've just lost 5000 points when I was about to make Level 9. Google Security sent an email this week suggesting I make this change, and there's no warning when you do it that you will lose Local Guide points when you do it. I was really motivated by getting so close to Level 9, but now I'm completely giving up. If I can't trust Google to warn me, what's the point of continuing to help.

Connect Moderator

Hi @deadmanjones

I completely agree with you that a clear warning should be shown prominently when local guides "mess" with this settings.

I hope you will find contributing to Google Maps fun again soon.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 8

@MortenCopenhagen thank you for pointing that out! I'm using your handle now... Happy New Year 2021 from NYC to Denmark! Cheers