LeanneM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Reviews of the past two months are shadowbanned

Hello, My google maps reviews over the last couple months are all not showing up publicly. The latest review on my public profile is a Starbucks review from over a month ago, I've left 30+ reviews since then but they are not showing up. The photos that I upload are showing up. I have filled out the form on this thread only to receive a response back saying my "account is in good standing" So then why are my reviews not showing up? I've looked at them and there is nothing that is against Google's policies and other people's reviews are showing up for the same places I reviewed. Is there ANYONE I can reach out to at google who can fix this???

Leanne
6 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Reviews of the past two months are shadowbanned

I'm noticing the same problem with my account. I've also seen others voicing their concerns on the Google Local Guides Reddit. I hope a staff member can fill us in!

Level 10

Ynt: Reviews of the past two months are shadowbanned

hello @LeanneM , if the words and photos we use in the posts do not violate the rules, they will be fixed soon. If you have filled the forum, you should wait for the answer.🙏🏻

Connect Moderator

Hi guys

@LeanneM, @DFX, and @Gezendunyali

Yiu used the wrong form. 

Please use the form called Account investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps if you believe that some of your contributions have been wrongfully unpublished.

Best of luck
Morten

Level 8
Level 8

I am having the exact same problem no reviews showing to the public. Photos show and videos show but not the review. People that have reviewed the same place show up immediately?

Level 7

Same problem here. Filled out that useless form like 10 times already, notihing is happening. Google just sucks lately. My advice is to delete all your photos and reviews and start a new account with another review platform like tripadvisor or yelp.

Level 8
Level 8

I think the best option we have so far is to post as much as the original review on the caption of the image or video of the review. For some reason it is all high level local guides having this problem. So for now let's post our review using the character's of the caption. Most of these photos are just used in my opinion for Google Captcha for example select traffic light select busses etc. I can't see why our reviews are not showing and lower guides reviews are appearing immediately. Could it be that Google wants fresh content?