ExploringKorea's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Restaurant I recommend around Jeonju Hanuk Village

Screenshot_20190402-011550.png

We were hungry when we arrived  in Jeonju after 3 hours drive from Jangyu, we heard that jeonju bibimbap is a must try  in the city, so that was the first thing we looked for.  There were so many bibimbap restaurants as well but, this restaurant became our first choice. Looking at the menu, it looked appetizing and the price wasn't bad as well. 

Screenshot_20190402-005059.png

Since their specialty was tok kalbi and there were 3 of us, we ordered 1 set and 2 bibimbap. 

20190402_005457.png

Jeonju is also well known for serving a lot of side dishes, but  we just probably live in Korea that's why really didn't feel the difference.  Probably because the restaurant is located on the main tourist destination so the settings were set for foreigners visiting to enjoy.

20190402_005435.png

The bibimbab was descent, but  I would somehow be more appreciative if I haven't tried my mother in-law's bibimbap which is still the best. 

20190402_005239.png

We enjoyed the meal, something new and recommendable, the restaurant was very clean and busy with a friendly staffs as well.

20190402_005334.png

The price was surprisingly reasonable, Normally this kind of setting would cost more considering the beauty of the location. We've expected to be spending more because it is tourist spot.

20190402_005354.png

The food are indeed authentic, and yes I am eating there again if I were to visit Jeonju again. My  friends and I agreed that it is a descent and affordable place to experience a Korean traditional food around the Hanuk Village. The restaurant on the 1st floor specialized galbi teok ( rib steak). And the second and third floor is a perfect location coffee shop, where you can do live video on social media  with its super strong wifi and perfect view of the main tour site of the city.. 

Jeonju Hanok Village, Girin-daero, Pungnamdong 3(sam)-ga, Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Restaurant I recommend around Jeonju Hanuk Village

Former Google Contributor

Re: Restaurant I recommend around Jeonju Hanuk Village

Hello @ExploringKorea,

Thank you for sharing about your experience in this restaurant with us. It's really great you can enjoy the beautiful hanok village while having a delicious meal. Also I have heard that Jeonju is really famous for its bibimbap, so wanted to ask how did you find the taste of it?

By the way make sure you share your experience there by posting a review on Google Maps as well, so that others can know about this great place.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!