jkmartindale's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Request manual review of business listing

I do my best to keep updating the Maps listings for campus dining at my university, ever since spending my first night on campus hungry because the hours listed on Maps were incorrect and by the time I visited every location it had closed.

There's one dining option that I've been trying to update for literally the past three years. I consistently make edits and sometimes they go through, but most get reverted after a couple of weeks. After all that time, the listing still has incorrect:

• Address. The address listed is about a mile away from the real and belongs to a convenience store that's been there for at least 10 years.
  • Photos and Reviews. The map marker used to be in the wrong location (despite the wrong address, I managed to finally get the map marker in the right place) and thus a lot of people uploaded reviews/photos to that location when they actually belong to the Couch Restaurants, a cafeteria offering a very limited Chick-fil-A selection among 13 other dining concepts.
  • Phone number
  • Hours. This location is inside a campus food court with hour restrictions that differ from Chick-fil-A's. For example, it's not open on Saturday.
  • Website. The current website points to Chick-fil-A's website, which would normally be ok but their webpage is full of incorrect information and is the primary reason why I can't get this listing fixed. The campus dining webpage would be much more helpful.

I'm getting real sick of submitting the same edits week after week for years with little changes actually sticking. Is there a way to request an admin/moderator look at the listing and update it to have correct info?

Chick-fil-A, Asp Avenue, Norman, OK, USA
1 comment
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Request manual review of business listing

Hello @jkmartindale 

Beyond a certain limit, it will be impossible for the community to suggest different kinds of edits to a Point of interest or POI.

However, a business can do that multiple times, once the POI is claimed.

I suggest you request the owner to claim the POI. There aren't any charges for that. Once done, the owner can do multiple changes including special working hours and an indication of temporary closures.