AniruddhaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Request - add a New place/ Edit a place, Status - Not Applied, Reason - Information not correct

For the local guides ( whome refered as Local Guides knows the localility better than anybody else ), the above words in the subject sounds very hard. But it is true when the LGs found this words in the status of his requests for addition of a place or edit a place. Does it mean Map Makers knows better than LGs or LGs giving a wrong information without getting details? Map Makers need to keep in mind that LGs are doing all field work and then only request for addition of a place or edit a place. LGs  have every evidence in his hand and then only makes request for addition or edit. There should be a check point between Request for addition/Edit and Not Applied before putting a stamp ' NOT APPLIED'.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Request - add a New place/ Edit a place, Status - Not Applied, Reason - Information not correct

Being a "Local Guide" proves absolutely nothing regarding the competency of a person to correct places.

I also noticed that being a regional moderator proves absolutely nothing regarding the competency to approve location's changes.

For exemple, one of them questions frequently my corrections via mapmaker. I change things I'm pretty sure are accurate and I'm quite positive the "approbation guy" doesn't even live in my area.

so, on the long run, there's not much we can do about it... even if it takes 2 months before having one of our edits approved...

Level 8

Re: Request - add a New place/ Edit a place, Status - Not Applied, Reason - Information not correct

Hi Aniruddha,

For information about mapping data and edit that are overdue, please visit the Mapmaker Forum.

This forum if for Local Guides to connect and share ideas and experiences.

Thank you,

Mark