craigloxley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Reporting a Local Guide

How do I have a star rating removed, which was left by a Local Guide?  He is giving random star ratings to many businesses all at once, obviously to gain points, and should be removed as a Guide.  He has never been a customer of mine.

Thanks.

Sydney NSW, Australia
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Reporting a Local Guide

Hello @craigloxley,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Local Guides can review your business, but if you think it’s a fake review, you can report the review as being off-topic. Google Maps team may take down the review that are flagged as fake or in violation of Google's review policies. We encourage all Local Guides to follow our program rules.

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report this specific user so our team can look into this person's account and take any appropriate action, though we won't be able to share the final decision as we respect everyone's privacy.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @craigloxley,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Local Guides can review your business, but if you think it’s a fake review, you can report the review as being off-topic. Google Maps team may take down the review that are flagged as fake or in violation of Google's review policies. We encourage all Local Guides to follow our program rules.

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report this specific user so our team can look into this person's account and take any appropriate action, though we won't be able to share the final decision as we respect everyone's privacy.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 4

A local guide, he is level 10, is posting random pictures as reviews to gain points. I noticed him when he posted Nature photos and photos of beach sunset on a nearby church's review. I reported those as not this place, but when I checked his profile, I saw that he did that often enough. 

Link to the user: <REDACTED>

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ParaPsychic,

Thanks for reaching out.

I redacted the personal contact details from the post. You might not know but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report this specific user so our team can look into this person's account and take any appropriate action, though we won't be able to share the final decision as we respect everyone's privacy. We ask that you do not share any information publicly about the person you think may be violating our policies as we respect everyone’s privacy.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 2

There is a level-9 local guide who keeps posting the pictures in my google business. All the pictures (including the products and the outlook) do not relate to my business. It may confuse my customers as they search for us on the internet. Moreover, he has done this (posting approximately 200 pics) to lots of other eyewear business, maybe to get the points.

This is very frustrating. Is there a way to prevent him from posting in the future?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Newvisioncantho,

Thanks for reaching out!

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report this specific issue. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 2

Hi @Petra_M 

Thank you for your reply (I did read the private message). However, this local guide has been such an "ENTHUSIATIC" person cause he has been posting over 200 photos on our page and keep doing it. I am unable to report all of them because as soon as I deleted 10 photos he pays back by uploading 50 unrelated ones.

It has been tiring and infuriating