AshrutArya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Report fake/ spam reviews

Recently I came across the profiles of a few local guides who have innumerous fake/ spam reviews like "Nice" for every place and random irrelevant pics for places and by doing this, they are at level 7-8... Is there any measure to report these users? Or alternatively, does 'Maps' not monitor such type of content from the users? 

Ashrut Arya
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Report fake/ spam reviews

@AshrutArya, nope, you are all good 🙂 I have reached out to you via private message with more details about sharing such information with the team. Please check your inbox.

Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Hello @AshrutArya - Please see this post which explains “Reporting a Local Guide”

Our team is monitoring users contributions on Google Maps; however, there are millions of contributions are made every day around the world. Therefore, we appreciate Local Guides's help in flagging inappropriate content or behaviour. Thank you so much for your help!

Level 8

It's written over there that to report some user, I'd have to tag a Google moderator so they can contact me... So is this the tagging or anything else needs to be done? 

Ashrut Arya
Solution

@AshrutArya, nope, you are all good 🙂 I have reached out to you via private message with more details about sharing such information with the team. Please check your inbox.

Thank you so much!

Level 8

Dear,

I've reported several spam messages many days ago, and nothing happened with this user, spamming all over the world, mostly in important places. The guy is selling women bags from China. This is inappropriate to see, because messing up all the work we are doing in Google Maps.

Hello @Univer, do you want to report a suspicious Local Guide?

Level 9

I found a review for a business under construction for years, never had a customer as it hasn't been built.  Not a national or multi-location business. Surprisingly has a 5 star review and I reported it twice and it gets rejected.  Are fake reviews like this okay?!  I assume the owner or it is paid for the review.

Level 8

Maybe in future. Is there some efficient way to do it?

Level 8

I ran across something like this. It was when I was about to turn over from level 7 to level 8 and I hadn't been on this forum yet. I don't remember the local guide's name, but he had dozens if not hundreds of reviews with the words "Great location".

At least it made me proud that all of mine are real.

@AshrutArya, thanks for pointing this out.

Level 8

I have also seen some people who are replyed on any question is "yes"

and

reviewing the place like "nice, good, fine" only just these words.

they are gaining soo many points in a short time.

I don't prefer to review like that.

if I have a shorter time,

I always write some negative or positive things what will help someone or somebody who is reading my review.