neerajtheblogger's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recipe for Dhokla

Here is the recipe of Dhokla which I prepared during my quarantine. Hope you all enjoy making it. 

IMG-20200418-WA0041.jpg

1. Take 1 Cup Gram/Chick Pea Flour(Besan).

2. Put 1 tbsp turmeric powder and salt in it and 1 tbsp Eno or lemon juice or baking soda. (It's for fermentation process, usually we use Eno) or you can leave it overnight to ferment.

3. Now mix the mixture well and slowly add water while mixing otherwise lumps will form.

4. Grease a cake Tin or any other utensils with oil. 

5. Put the batter in it, spread it evenly. There is no need to tap it to remove air. 

6. You can use a steamer or any other utensils bigger than your cake tin. To steam the batter. 

7. If you don't have steamer, add water in bigger utensils and then some platform for cake tin to stand and close the lid. Keep the flame medium and steam for 20 minutes. 

8. Take a frying pan add some oil add black mustard seed, chilies, curry leaves fry this for a minute or two then add 1tbsp salt, 2-3 tbsp sugar and around 100-150 mL cup water. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes.

9. When Dhokla gets steamed up remove it from tin and cut it into cubes and then spread the mixture on top of it.

10. Dhokla is ready to be enjoyed. 

5 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Recipe for Dhokla

Hello @neerajtheblogger ,

Thank you for sharing your recipe with the community. I am sure that other local Guides will try to make this meal at home. What do you usually put on the side? When is the best time to enjoy this dish?

By the way, here is a very nice post for you to check out 5 tips to consider when styling food.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@neerajtheblogger  thank you for sharing this

Level 8

@MoniDi 

You can have it in breakfast as it is super lite and healthy. It's a Gujarati Dish and they usually have Jalebi (made with refined flour and sugar) and Fafda. It is a side dish and can be used as a snack and should be consumed at room temperature.

Cheers

Level 7

The best time to eat this dish is either morning breakfast or at evening snack @MoniDi 

Level 7

Thank you @neerajtheblogger for sharing such a beautiful picture of Dhokla. And you have shared the recipe also thank you for sharing.