SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Spam Free Maps : Bengaluru

Hi all.

I have conducted Local Guides Map editing Meetup with respect to the Spam Free Maps Meetup initiated by @rajuroyal. First of all, my apologies for posting my recap a week later to the meetup since I was strucked in my schedule. This meetup was conducted to verify places in Google Maps, flagging irrelevant photos added to any place, etc
This meetup is special because I was able to meet two great people through this meetup. One is @aaryesdee (Dev Sir) who attended this meetup travelling from far distance in Bengaluru. And the other is @Jashti_Sudhakar Sir who travelled more than 600 kms(leaving his place a day before to the meetup) just to attend this meetup and as said, despite having some financial and family problems. I truly appreciate his passion on learning and his enthusiasm about Local Guides Program. On the meetup day, I picked up Jashti Sir as he is new to Bengaluru and took him to the meetup place and after reaching the meetup location and parking the bike, Dev Sir recognised me and I was glad and felt privileged to have two great people with me to start this meetup. We then planned to discuss about the Local Guides Program before starting the meetup. So, we went to a restaurant and ordered the food and started discussing about Local Guides. I shared my Local Guides experience with them and things like how to contribute, why the meetup, and more importantly about Local Guides Connect.

Jashti Sir(first left), Dev Sir and me(right)Jashti Sir(first left), Dev Sir and me(right)

My thanks to Dev Sir for offering a great food. And the beauty of the Local Guides Meetup is that it never feel like meeting a stranger, I felt like I was meeting my old friends. We then started the meetup and the place was so much crowded than expected. Since Jashti Sir is new to Local Guides, I showed him on how to add a place to Google Maps.During meetupDuring meetup

We then started checking/adding places to Google Maps and was not able to take more photos of the place because of the crowd. During the meetup, we were able to flag some places which is in Google Maps but is not present on that location. During meetupDuring meetup

We planned to go to Coles Park quite far from the meetup place but was not able to go there as the meetup was about to end. I explained about the Streetview Photography during the meetup and showed the 360camera which I got as a gift at Connect Live 2018. I thought to show a trial on how to create virtual tours to Dev Sir and Jashti Sir. So I went to a Mobile Phone Shop nearby and asked the person in that shop to allow me to take 360 of their shop so that it will be helpful to them as well as I could be able to show a trial but unfortunately the person said the shop owner is not available and he can't allow by himself. I then gave a brief intro about how to take Street Views to Dev Sir and Jashti Sir. After that, we decided to end the meetup. Dev Sir offered us the ride back to the meetup place. From there, I took Jashti Sir to the Bus Depot and he then departed. It was an amazing and memorable experience for me to share the ideas and knowledge with great people like Dev Sir and Jashti Sir and I truly appreciate their efforts in attending this meetup. I thank RajuRoyal for his great initiative. Thank you so much Local Guides Team for providing us the opportunities to share and learn from each other. And finally, thank you all Local Guides for all of your effort to make world a better place to live. 

Happy Guiding!

Vellore Local Guides
29 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Spam Free Maps : Bengaluru

@SalmaanN

Dear Salmaan'

Infact we should be thankful to you for your dedication and being accommodative.

Please do not use salutations ' Sir' to any as we are not living in British Raj nor at Nazi era. ( I say sorry if I hurted any Soul)  We are just friends immaterial of age bar.

Though we tried to make our mission great success, we couldn't owing to certain factors beyond our control. So no problem. Will make it happen next time.

What I'm extremely happy about is that I have a Mentor now in LG Community , none other than my friend Salmaan'. I look forward to his support in guiding.

All the best.

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 8

Hi @aaryesdee,

Thank you so much comments, Dev(I have taken your suggestion). The truth is, I wish to be as active as you are in my future. It was indeed a great time with you in the meetup. Let's hope to make the next meetup the best. I am honoured to be your mentor. You are my friend, you can reach me anytime and I would try my best to assist in anything. Thanks again! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 6

Betreff: [Recap] Spam Free Maps : Bengaluru

IT is amazing what happened when people come together from other countries and Show the other how to live. Belonging also with other views. When i speak to myself also i Tell me to Respekt eachother. Be like a mother who love the child nö matter what happened. By 😍👍Meljac621

Level 8

Betreff: [Recap] Spam Free Maps : Bengaluru

Thanks for your kind words, @Mefedi62. I too believe that we have to see the good from others and spread goodness. Respect does not cost any money then why not to respect everyone. Thanks. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

Hello @SalmaanN, thanks for sharing the recap with us. Undoubtedly, you did a great job. Wish you all the best.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing your detailed recap @SalmaanN,

You know what they say better late than never :). It's amazing and unbelievable how much effort and the passion that you've about being a Local Guide! 

Can't wait to see more of your posts!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @SalmaanN

Thank you very Much For Support 🙂  I do love this post, 

Thank you soo much To @aaryesdee and @J_Sudhakar 

Former Google Contributor

I love how these Spam Free Maps meet-ups are turning into a trend, @SalmaanN. Thanks for caring!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you dear@SalmaanN sir, 

its my first meet-up with great helping person like you.That day i traveled upon-down 1300+Kms(2days journey) from Guntur district (Andhra pradesh) to Bangalore our meet up location Shivaji nagar. This meet up is very helpful to me.I am very thankful to you sir.