IrenaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] - London, UK - Drinks with Lights meetup 2019-11-30

Cheers from London Local Guides :)Cheers from London Local Guides ?

Greetings from London ?

On the cold but clear evening of the 30th of November 2019 a bunch of Local Guides in London got together for a fun Drinks with Lights meetup full of laughter with plenty of hot mulled wine and cider at Eccleston Yard in Belgravia, while enjoying the interactive lights display called the "Wave".

Wave - interactive lights installation in London, UKWave - interactive lights installation in London, UK

As the evening got colder and colder, we all decided to relocate somewhere warmer with food and more drinks, of course. One of the Local Guides, Simon, has highly recommended the Market Hall Victoria, which was a fantastic choice. Not only they had about 9 different cousins to choose from, but they also had a great selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes ?

Halloumi wrap with Persian fries from Fanny'sHalloumi wrap with Persian fries from Fanny's

The evening wrapped up with a bit of live music and more drinks (naturally) at the Red Door Studios in East Ham ???.

Live music at Red Door Studios in London, UKLive music at Red Door Studios in London, UK

Thank you so much to all the Local Guides in London, UK for joining us for this fun meetup and making it a huge success ? It would not have been the same without you @Julie deslypper @nosejam @FazZ (apologies for not being able to tag everyone as don't know your Nicknames here in Connect) ?

Check out our collaborative photo album for more images from this meetup.

London, UK
16 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] - London, UK - Drinks with Lights meetup 2019-11-30

Wow! That's amazing, @IrenaS! I like the title (drinks with lights meetup)

Read about Bangladesh's biggest book market
Nilkhet Book Market : Book Heaven in Dhaka

#bdlg
Level 9

Thank you @Tanvir_Hasan 🥰

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing your recap with us @IrenaS,

The food looks delicious. What did you have? 

I love Christmas decorations, and I was fortunate enough to visit London last week. Carnaby Street and Seven Dials were two of my favorite spots but I missed this Eccleston Yard. Maybe next year! Do you usually put up Christmas decorations in your house?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you for your comment @VasT 😉

I had the halloumi wrap with Persian fries (as per caption in one of my photos) with some good old English ale. 🍻

Other Local Guides had Mexican tacos, Japanese ramen, Italian pasta & burgers with chips 😉 everything was yummy.

Glad to hear you had a great time in London. Where are you usually based? & Where did you travel from?

Carnaby Street & Seven Dials are top locations... However there are so many more awesome places in London 😉

Give us a shout when you are back in London again, & perhaps we could show you some other hidden gems. 😉

Xmas decorations in the house at this time of the year is a must 😜 It makes it more fun to cope with short days & cold weather.

How about you? Do you celebrate/decorate your house for Christmas?

Irena xx

It sounds so delicious @IrenaS, excellent choice! I live in Sofia, currently.

Next time, I'll have more time I most definitely check for the upcoming Meet-ups. As you mentioned, there's no better way to discover the hidden gems of a city unless you hang out with locals.

I haven't decorated my apartment yet. To be honest, I don't have much stuff or a tree, as my dog is a naughty boy and likes to play with the Christmas decoration. Τo compensate for the lack of Christmas atmosphere in my apartment I visit the Christmas market. Mulled wine and churros always cheer me up.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hehe... Sounds like your dog brings you plenty of cheer every day of the year & not only for Xmas 😉

We have 2 Bengal cats who also love to be mischievous now & again.

Mulled wine with churros!... A perfect combination to lift up the Xmas spirit 😁 

Yes, my dog makes my life more adventurous @IrenaS. Well, at least your kitties allow you to have decoration. Although is early, "have a holly, jolly Christmas". I hope you'll have many more Meet-ups to come.

Level 9

Thank you @VasT ... You too have a wonderful Christmas! 

We often have meetups in London, however sadly not all of them get approved here in Connect...& it's not even clear why they get rejected.

Level 6

Wow that's awesome. I really must try and log on more often so to not miss out on messages, invites and the fun stuffs. If we don't see each other in the next few days then I wish you all a fantastic new year and look forward to meeting up as 2020 kicks in with a 20/20 vision on making things happen. MARCUS