KhamphoutS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[ Recap ] Knowledge Sharing Meet-up

As I realized a fact that there are lots of young and talent local guides in my area, But when I started involving with them much, I got to know that most of them are not aware of Local Guides Connect at all. So this is my initial intention to host a meet-up gathering local guides from my locality and to explain the aspects of it as knowledge sharing.LGs from left: Bank, Bern, Sunday, Taiy, Macky & KhamphoutLGs from left: Bank, Bern, Sunday, Taiy, Macky & Khamphout

We met at the local coffee shop and restaurant “City Coffee Vientiane” around 3:00 pm and I’ve reserved a long table fit for 10 person.Our meet-up bannerOur meet-up banner

There’s 5 attendees shown up (6 included myself) we’ve starting with the introduction each other… this meet-up is 2 new local guides Sunday & Taiy, other Bank, Bern and Macky are the active attendees joining my meet-up.

I’ve start with them the whole new interface of localguideconnect.com version 2.0 detail of each section for them to better understanding the category what interesting to them, how to post on connect dos and don’ts, how to check their own activities on connect and status after this session I’ve asked them back some basic questions on the how to use connect and seem everyone understand.

Detail on our discussion topicsDetail on our discussion topics

Next session we’ve discussion about quality reviews, photo and rating which I can see that most of them not aware on the writing reviews, I’ve show them many sample from the Maps how and what is quality reviews and good photography of the places and rating. I’ve asked them to share their profile on Maps and an see that some of them add personal photo with head-shot into the places which they’re will reviews their own works and will make edit later.Me explaining on the quality reviews and adding good photography to MapsMe explaining on the quality reviews and adding good photography to Maps

Most of them interesting to host a meet-up but have no idea how… I’ve guide them step-by-step on this topic by log-in to connect and go through the section creating a meet-up and gave them tips how to be a host and encourage local guides joining a meet-up. After this session Macky was confident to host a meet-up soon.We go detail on sit for Connect Live 2019 Applying siteWe go detail on sit for Connect Live 2019 Applying site

Last topic is all about upcoming big event Connect Live 2019 that officially announced which will held during 12-15 November 2019 in San Francisco. Most of them very excited I’ve show them the recap video from Local Guide Youtube cannel and the photo album from connect live 2018 explain what is the event look like, what I’ve gain and lean from being attendee… Then we’ve go through the applicant site and go through each requirements for the application to meet. Most of them interesting to applying but most of them just 18 to 20 years old so they can’t but for who already 21 years old and above they’re commit to apply.

After we’ve done all the topics I can see that most of them understand and know how to use connect forum, how to write quality review and taking photo before adding to Maps and main while exciting to apply for Connect Live 2019. I’ve promise them if they’ve any questions or need my attention I’ll be happy to assist them.

Our meet-up dismissed at around 5:15 pm.

Photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mwqk773WKVh1MnCx7 

4 comments
Level 8

Re: [ Recap ] Knowledge Sharing Meet-up

@KhamphoutS were you the only Laos attendee for the Connect 2018?

Level 10

@HoangDang Yes the first Lao LG attendee in Local Guides Program 

Level 8

Level 10

@HoangDang Hopefully 😁