AnitaAO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] Accra December PhotoWalk

The Inspiration 

The budding interest in me to host a Meetup in Ghana was triggered by the numerous businesses not seen on the map and my ability to extend my trip. Example is Vodaphone no longer in Nigeria is the most trusted for data subscription in Ghana.

IMG_20191210_071616.jpg

image of Vodafone office in Seko

Christmas In Ghana

maybe it was too early to judge as it was between the 1st and 2nd week of Christmas because we didn't see any Christmas decorations on the city capital except at ShopRite St. Jouse. Unfortunately for my friends they couldn't take pictures because we were to return to GIMPA almost immediately but I took some pictures because I arrived early enough.

IMG_20191210_072523.jpg

image of me @st Jouse ShopRite, Accra

Visit To The Beach

Visiting the beach became a priority for me after few days in Ghana because of the very hot weather conditions of the place. I had so much fun by the cool sea breeze so much more that the evening caught up with us.

IMG-20191201-WA0014.jpg

pure fun at the beach in Ghana

Important Things Worthy Of Note About Ghana While Planning To Visit:

1. Pack clothes that are light because the weather is hot and you will be drinking lots of water on the go.

2. They are peaceful and you are almost certain you will not loose anything by theft

3. Cabs/Taxi are 3times the regular, Uber is more affordable

4. If you are Nigerian, you may find it hard to eat 'swallow' because you may not find it. Prepare to eat Wanchi.

5. Ghana have varieties of corn made food. Cooked corn and groundnut, meshed corn, pounded corn etc. Almost every meal has corn.

6. Coconut water is believed to cool people down so you may want to have a taste.

7. Electric light is everywhere in Ghana except you do not have money to subscribe.

8. Get vaccinated against flus before visiting.

9. Every square kilometer has a church building. (I noticed more churches than hospitals)

IMG_20191210_075102.jpg

 at Mensa Otabil church - International Central Gospel Church ICGC.

10. I didn't notice lots of law enforcement agents like police etc on the road, even pedestrians obey traffic lights...

Here is a recap @KatyaL , @MrFreez and @

Link to photo album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4hQPPvnzhD1AYb326

A-Beta
Lagos, Nigeria
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [Recap] Accra December PhotoWalk

Hey @AnitaAO

Thanks so much for sharing your recap with us! 

As far as I can see some of your photos are from the summer time on the beach or I'm wrong? Is it ok to visit that beach in December? 

Your photos are great and I appreciate the travel tips you're sharing when visiting Ghana. Here you can find some tips on how to create great recaps after hosting a meet-up in this link.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and I'm looking forward to your next Local Guides meet-up!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@AnitaAO great to see your photowalk photo. In Photowalk meet up really nice thing & much more enjoyable. Congratulated on your photowalk & hope more experience you share with us.      

Level 10

This is interesting and I am glad you had so much fun especially at the beach. 

How many local guides attended, were there newbies?

Nice one @AnitaAO 

Connect Moderator

This looks fun @AnitaAO 

Congratulations for a successful meet up. 

I can see you had great time out...

Kind regards 

Sagir. 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

Yes you can visit the beach in December. From enquiry I made, Christmas period/day brings a merrier time to the beach with lots of people and activities.

Thank you @KatyaL  for all your kind words on meetups.

A-Beta
Level 9

Unfortunately I didn't meet any old guide in Ghana @MrFreez . Maybe the more Nigerian guides visits them the more their vibe will blossom. But I had fun with my colleagues who went on the walk with me. They liked and enjoyed the idea of taking pictures, review etc but one thing they didn't like was the harsh hot weather in Ghana.

@

A-Beta
Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @MehadeHasan and @Sagir . 

Compliments of the season to you!

A-Beta