HedvikaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Ratings system - how do you decide between 1 or 5 stars? (discussion)

Hey guys,

I would like to know your oppinion about ratings - when you give 1 star and when you give 5 stars to a Maps place? If everything is alright, you give 3 stars of 5 stars? You save 5 stars ratings just for top top places with strong added value, or you give it to a place where nothing was wrong?

My system is following:

1) I ask myself: Would I repeat this visit in a future, may I come back again?

2) If my answer is "yes", I rate between 3-5 stars, if "no", I rate between 1-2 stars.

3) If I answer "yes" for example, I use specific criteria to choose between 3-5 stars. For restaurants that could be for example service, food quality, waiting time etc.

Now please tell me your system 🙂 I don´t wanna read some general instructions how to do so but you personal oppinion how you do it! Looking forward to check your experience.

Keep discovering -> keep sharing love 3
9 comments
Level 7

Re: Ratings system - how do you decide between 1 ore 5 stars? (discussion)

Good item.

My system is this:

1) 5 stars, service + prices + product are well done.

2) 3-4 stars, one of three points not so good.

3) 2 stars, just one point is well enough.

4) 1 star, miss them all

Hope it will help someone.

Level 5

Thank you @AlexEvsyukov for your reply! Do you rate for example parks or other places in nature as well? And if yes, what is your system to rate them? Thank you for your inspiration 🙂

Level 7

@HedvikaP

Yes I do. Did not have a lot if choices to do that. But the system would be like this:

Importance of the place, clean, warm feeling and experience.

5-4 stars All three work

2-3 stars Two at least one works well

1 star Everything is bad )))

Level 6

This can be a tough one especially since I think that most people would probably avoid going to places that are true 1's and it becomes a question of if anyone can really review a restaurant that is a 1. Ill try to simplify things by breaking them down.

1 Star: The place is totally disgusting from the outside, there is trash all over the parking lot, or if I feel that going to the location in question is potentially dangerous just by looking at it. 1 Star means that there is something seriously wrong with an establishment.

2 Star: The place may look decent from the outside and such compared to a 1 Star place but, once you step inside the situation totally changes. There is still hope for a 2 Star though, especially if the manager listens to your concerns and eventually makes improvements.
3 Star: This is a place that offers the bare minimum service or has the bare minimum selection for what they sell. 3 Stars arent particularly good or bad, just meh.

4 Star: This is a good restaurant/store and everyone should give it a chance at least once. Everything is what it should be, the facilities are clean for the most part, and the overall experience is nice.
5 Star: A 4 Star place that goes just an extra step above and beyond and you can feel it from the time you pull into the parking lot to the time you leave.

Level 8

Hello @HedvikaP i always thought of what's my view towards that place and what i will review later. Accordingly give stars.

Level 6

Yeah @mhjn has a good point. I think it always a good idea to give a review after you had a while to think about it. It really lets you rate a place without so much of the emotion or bias.

Level 5

@ChadR @mhjn you gyus are right! I usualy wait few weeks until I write a review.

Level 8

@HedvikaP@Great that's a got step taken by you😀😀😀😀

Level 10

Same for me 🙂

@karlcr9911 wrote:

Yeah @mhjn has a good point. I think it always a good idea to give a review after you had a while to think about it. It really lets you rate a place without so much of the emotion or bias.