TerryPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Race to a Billion Photo Views

they are off.jfif

Many of you may have seen @AdamGT posts talking about the leaderboards being a horse race or a snakes and ladder game, so Adam here is your horse race. Here are our racers;

@DshottDennis  from New Zealand

@MortenCopenhagen from Denmark

@TerryPG  from Canada 

Lets begin the race:

“Welcome everyone to the Race to A Billion Photo views, My name is Mike and I will be your announcer for the race.” I would like to introduce my color commentator Adam, Welcome Adam”

“Thank you Mike, I just wanted to say I am not associated with that Australian bloke Adam, I am much better looking than him”

“Ok, ummm, ok,  Thanks for that Adam. I understand that there are a few local guides already who are in The Billion Club”

Adam replied . “Yes there are Mike, you can see the other 7 Local guides who have already entered the Exclusive 1 Billion club here

“Thanks Adam, the race is about to get started, before it starts let’s have a word with Terry’s trainer Jake, about his preparation for the race.  Jake are you there, Jake, Come in Jake.”

“Maybe he’s gone AWOL again,” added Adam

“No I am here guys, Jake here, I was out getting Empanadas , Pizza and Meatballs for everyone, You know Mike gets hungry a lot, and yes Terry is ready for this race."

“Thanks for that info Jake and thanks for the food, The race is about to begin”

“And they are off, Morten charges into the lead followed by Dennis and then Terry and they are heading for the first turn, Morten has a strong lead.”

NB# 1st corner numbers based on Dec, Numbers Photo views : Morten 878,000, Dennis 860,000 Terry 803,000.

“ Heading to the second corner to begin the back stretch Morten has increased his lead but Terry is charging hard. 

NB# 2 corner numbers based on Jan, Numbers photo views: Morten 910,000, Dennis 883,000, Terry 860,000.

GALOP.jpg

“They are charging down the back stretch but Terry is slowing down to a crawl. They are heading for the  3rd corner of the racetrack. I don’t know what’s happening! Terry Has slowed to a halt”

NB# 3rd corner numbers photo views based on Feb, numbers; Morten 942,000, Dennis 905,000, Terry 860,000

“I don’t know what's going on, I am going to see if our on track reporter Stephanie knows what's going on? Stephanie, are you there? Do you know what's going on?"

“Nein Mike, ich habe absolut keine Ahnung, was los first”

‘Stephanie!  English please we are on the air”

“Oh sorry, I do not know what is going on, Terry is checking is equipment” replied Stephanie”

“ I know what’s going on “ said Adam in a very cross sounding Australian accent. “He forgot to update his Feb Numbers, This is why you check and enter your numbers every month.”

“Thanks Adam, Terry is back on his horse and thundering down the backstretch trying to catch up."

NB# 4th Corner turn Based on March Numbers photo views: Morten 974,000, Terry 961,000, Dennis 923,000.

“They are the final stretch heading for the finish line, racing for the finish line. It's almost neck and neck as they get closer. Regardless these 3 are great Local guides and will all go over the finish line real soon”

2horse.jpg

Here are actual numbers 

Photo Views            #s   December,  January,     February,      March            April

@MartinCopenhagen         878,000       910,000     942,000        974,000           ?

@DshottDennis                  860,000       883,000     905,000        923,000           ?

@TerryPG                          803,000       860,000     860,000        961,000           ?

NB#  (Monthly total photo view numbers have been rounded off)( All numbers taken from Adam’s leaderboards here  )   

Who will cross the finish line first?

TO BE CONTINUED REAL SOON

"Thank you listeners we are back for the conclusion of the race, Why Google needs to take a break at the end of an exciting race I don't know" says Mike. 

"They have to figure out the actual numbers " clarifies Adam

"Thanks Adam, we are so close to finishing this race and it's neck and neck and they are coming to the finish line, and we have a winner, Wait its so close its a photo finish. We will have to wait".

photo finishphoto finish

" and we have a winner... by a nose TerryPG wins the race to 1 Billion views."

Actual Numbers as of 7.00 A.M EST March 22, 2023

Terry   1,001,530,214

Morten  997,923,861

Congrats to both, We are sure Morten will cross the finish line real soon.

Ajax, ON, Canada
74 comments
Level 7

Re: Race to a Billion Photo Views

@TerryPG  🏇 This is a AMAZING! What a well written, creative and hilarious post! 😆

A true Connect masterpiece. 

I must say however, commentator Adam gave such clear and concise answers... Definitely an imposter 🥸

Shout out to Jake for the empanada run, I'm sure that Mike guy appreciated it! 🥟 😁

Level 10

@TerryPG 

This is priceless! This is super creative and I love how it educates everyone else about the leaderboards. You made me laugh a lot with your humor and relatable comments throughout the article. 😍🥰

Level 10

@Mikeinthefalls Not sure I have the willpower to ever do an empanada run and actually return with food.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

@TerryPG Truly an honor to be called out as an AWOL, food fetching, photo view trainer 🤣

Sorry I was late, I got stuck in traffic:

Caption: Photo by @justjake of a line of horseback riders at MacDonald's Ranch in North Scottsdale, Arizona, USACaption: Photo by @justjake of a line of horseback riders at MacDonald's Ranch in North Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thank you @Mikeinthefalls   your words are encouraging but based on your numbers you may achieve this at level 7 or 8 , thanks again and I hope Jake got the food there on time.

Level 10

Thank you so much @AZ_2021  I did try to make it funny and include a few guides who didn't know that they were involved.

Level 10

Thanks @JustJake  good to have you back, and especially your sense of humour ( quiet the rest of you he's ok)

Hope you got the food on time.

Connect Moderator

Haha just too funny @TerryPG. Very, very creative and I love the pics. As you know I'm normally much more verbose with my replies, however, after an awful night with a painful tooth, as I write, I'm on my way back from a dental appointment.....oouch! Oh how I hate visiting the dentist !!!

Caption: A shot of the dentist's reception area (LG: @AdamGT)Caption: A shot of the dentist's reception area (LG: @AdamGT)

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10