GeorgeR68's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Raby Castle and garden

Amazing castle and garden! Do you know that, during Spring 2016 Raby Castle was transformed into a film set for the new and upcoming series of Victoria, a British Drama, follows the early life of Queen Victoria? Seriously.

Raby Castle and garden re-open for weekends in March 2019 and are then open Wednesdays to Sundays from April to September (as well as Tuesdays in July and August). I recommend lovers of old castles in England.raby castle 1.pngraby castle 2.png

Raby Castle in my opinion is without doubt one of the most impressive intact castles in the North of England. Built in the 14th century with nine towers set in 200 acres of landscaped deer park and picturesque walled garden. Inside castle is very richly.
Raby’s treasures include an important collection of Meissen porcelain, fine furniture and artworks, including paintings by Munnings, De Hooch, Reynolds, Van Dyck and Teniers. Beautiful, walking areas around the castle make you forget about all the troubles, problems and you can completely relax. In the meadows near the castle, a herd of deer is grazing. The attention of tourists is attracted by a white deer like snow, a rarity on a world scale.
I add some screenshots of my original photos from the trip to Raby Castle.

Castle gardenCastle gardenCastle gardenCastle gardenOld cannonsOld cannonsDefensive wallDefensive wallA herd of deer with white one deerA herd of deer with white one deerThe wall with musketsThe wall with musketsBedroomBedroomCastle libraryCastle library

Staindrop, Darlington DL2 3AH, Wielka Brytania
26 comments
Level 9

Re: Raby Castle and garden

Hello @GeorgeR68 

Thank you for sharing a great post with us. 

Level 9

@AbdullahAM This is my pleasure 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hi @GeorgeR68,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos with us.

I really like castles, and would like to visit this one some time in future. 

Can you please add some more information about the castle? I think that this will be very useful and interesting to other Local Guides as well. Sharing a bit more information about your images in general would arouse the curiosity and interest of the other members, and they will have a better understanding of the place.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

No problem @MoniV.

Raby Castle in my opinion is without doubt one of the most impressive intact castles in the North of England. Built in the 14th century with nine towers set in 200 acres of landscaped deer park and picturesque walled garden. Inside castle is very richly.
Raby’s treasures include an important collection of Meissen porcelain, fine furniture and artworks, including paintings by Munnings, De Hooch, Reynolds, Van Dyck and Teniers. Beautiful, walking areas around the castle make you forget about all the troubles, problems and you can completely relax. In the meadows near the castle, a herd of deer is grazing. The attention of tourists is attracted by a white deer like snow, a rarity on a world scale.
I add some screenshots of my original photos from the trip to Raby Castle.

Castle gardenCastle gardenCastle gardenCastle gardenOld cannonsOld cannonsDefensive wallDefensive wallA herd of deer with white one deerA herd of deer with white one deerThe wall with musketsThe wall with musketsBedroomBedroomCastle libraryCastle library

Hi @GeorgeR68,

Thank you for your replay. The castle and the gardens look amazing. From the photos I can understand that when you visit this place they let you in to the castle and you can take pictures of the place, right?

P.S.: The info that you shared with me is just great, you can add it to your post by clicking on the three blue dots in the left corner of the post 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

@MoniV Indeed, it is so when you visit this place, they let you into the castle and you can take pictures of this place. In addition, in every room there is a person who tells different stories related to this place.

P.S. I am from recently user of this forum and I am still learning.

Hi @GeorgeR68,

Thanks for the replay. I find it really attractive, that in every room there is a person who actually gives you some additional information about the castle.

P.S.: I saw that you are new here, so if you have any questions you can always tag me or any other moderator, and we will be glad to assist you. Here is one very helpful link: 14 helpful tips for using connect.

Level 9

Thank you @MoniV for the very helpful link.

I like to visit various interesting places in the UK and take pictures, not only castles. I will gladly show such places to other local guides from time to time.

This would be great @GeorgeR68, I will wait for your next posts, please do tag me, so I can enjoy your great photos 🙂

Have a great day and good luck with the photos.