AguerO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

REWARD FOR AN ADVENTURE

I JUST HIT THE LEVEL "8" MILESTONE - MY STORY

At the very beginning, i was just an above average smart phone user. I knew about Maps but never really realized how handy it was to find information.

Then, sometime in March, 2018, i moved into an entirely new location that i wasn't conversant with its terrain so this made me a regular Maps explorer and i must confess that not only did i find Maps very helpful but i also marvel at how so much information from all over the world could be put in this app.
On a lighter note, i was so naive that i reasoned that maybe google was some sort of ghost that could be everywhere to have been able to provide all this information.
However, my Local Guide adventure started when i tried to locate an address of a company from a label on a product i bought. While following maps direction, i got to find out that the address was wrongly located and with the fury of the stress i went through in futility i was resolute to report this error to google to avoid other users alike from being mislead.
This desperation made me to spend more time and explore the options i never imagined was on maps before and "holla" i found a way to report and the joy that filled my heart to have saved the next person from being misled had been immeasurable.
That was how i became a local guide and since then i have been a tireless mapper and an inherent guider.
My passion to add places, edit places with precision and make reviews has been incurable and this was commensurately and graciously Rewarded as i moved up the ladder so quickly that in 2months i got up to level 6.
It was on this level that i got to find out that there is a global community of people (local guides connect) with like mind and passion to help make the world easy to navigate and accessible. This inadvertently demystified the thought of "ghosts providing all the information on maps like i thought from the outset"
Thereafter, i met an amazing LG here on connect @HelloSamsonR A monochrome picture of myself and "the king of the Jungle but in a steel cage " on one of my solo trips to a local mini zooA monochrome picture of myself and "the king of the Jungle but in a steel cage " on one of my solo trips to a local mini zoo

When it all started....Got this after my first contributionWhen it all started....Got this after my first contribution

(an admirable 360photo geek)who introduced me to a fantastic set of people "@lagoslocalguides", i started attending meet ups and learnt so many new things that has made this adventure an tireless and enjoyable one. Myself in the company of the lagos local guides at the first meet up i attendedMyself in the company of the lagos local guides at the first meet up i attended

I no longer just see things and places peripherally, i now look out for details and helpful information about such places that could be made available for others to use. 

I can hardly count the number of times, i made solo trips to places just to have them correctly and adequately represented on maps.

As a point of call,  i made sure notable and significant places within my immediate location of residence are properly mapped, well represented with utmost precision and with unbiased reviews.One of my favorite pictures captioned caught  in the act or shooting the shooters.  From left to right;  Sagir in lemon top, a LG in the middle and myself in pink shirt"One of my favorite pictures captioned caught in the act or shooting the shooters. From left to right; Sagir in lemon top, a LG in the middle and myself in pink shirt"

The journey so far had been a beautiful, boundless and surely an inexhaustible adventure for me and I owe my achievement of this level 8 milestone to the Lagos local guides and the local guides connect community at large.A typical meet up;  360 photowalk Lagos.A typical meet up; 360 photowalk Lagos.

A creative shot at a food crawl meet up, Lagos.A creative shot at a food crawl meet up, Lagos.

#letsguide

#letsconnect
#maketheworldbetter
#maketheworldaccessible

#proudlocalguide

Cc:
@SanyaOdare
@Sagir

@Sayo

@Abdullai_cap

@Lelekena

@Olumide1

@OkekeNkiruka

@sonnyNg

@CurlyStory

@PriyankaU

Dash board and most recent stats: Reward for loving the LG adventureDash board and most recent stats: Reward for loving the LG adventure

Lagos, Nigeria
53 comments
Level 9

Re: REWARD FOR AN ADVENTURE

@AguerOan astounding write up bro.... keep up the good work and soar high. @HelloSamsonRis a great mentor and an awesome guide

Level 8

Nice one, it was fun having seeing you guys around

Level 6

Nice one bro... i love the walk and the spirit with team local guide lagos, its awesome what we do.. keep up the good work.. 

Level 8

Nice narrative of an achievement that involves ( Tools + Investment + Materials + Energy) TIME. 

Level 10

Wow @AguerO what an incredible story for your milestone journey as a local guide. There are many more good and exciting moments to come and also enjoy been a local guide. Thanks also for your kind words, I am sincerely humbled by them. By the way nice photo with the lion. What zoo is that ?

Level 8

@AguerO great write up.

Here's wishing you many more adventures as a local guide, the journey and fun just started.

Level 8

Thanks so much for your kind words @Specobelle, and i couldn't agree with you less about @HelloSamsonR, he has really been an amazing teacher.

Thanks for taking time to acknowledge my write up , i am humbled and honoured sir. 

"Obrigado"🙏🙏🙏

Level 8

This was quite refreshing to read, well done @AguerO

The excitement just started, so gear up because you belong to the local guides that rock!

Level 8

Thanks so much @Abdullahi_cap for taking your time to read my write up. 

And i must say , it was great to meet you too.

Correction to your handle is now noted and trust me,  i could never forget it nor mix it up again not after your explanation of how you arrived at the name .😄😄😄

Your comment on this post is highly appreciated.

Gracias🙏🙏🙏