WaynePeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Who is a Local Guide?

Hi everyone,

I am thrilled to have had a successful and an awesome presentation meetup on local guides program in our Community Hub(LakeHub) a week ago. I arrived at the venue 30 minutes prior to my presentation and checked my slides thanks to Google local guides team for making my work easier considering their presentation template. I presented on the Ajenda as in the power point template making few edits -I added few slides on; points and levels, perks, meet-ups and notable community meet-ups in Kenya. We had 32 attendees in total including 8 local guides... I did the presentation from 11am to 12:30pm taking 1hr 30 minutes.

Caption: me explaining the Ajenda.Caption: me explaining the Ajenda.

The presentation was preceded by a keynote video on Google I/O'19 plus a 30 minutes presentation by @Sigu magwa(GDG Community lead) on his experience during I/O'19 summit at google's headquarters.

Caption: Sigu magwa(GDG community lead) sharing his experience from Google I/O' 19 summit.Caption: Sigu magwa(GDG community lead) sharing his experience from Google I/O' 19 summit.

We had lots of fun including snacks and KFC for lunch courtesy of Google Developer Groups(GDG) team. I also met new local guides in my community as well as helped others join the program. 

Caption: Attendees taking snacks while networking during break.Caption: Attendees taking snacks while networking during break.

My Experience during the meet-up:

It was nice sharing my knowledge and awareness on the local guides program as well as networking with the audience during breaks. I also received a warm welcoming from the LakeHub management & GDG team who urged me to continue empowering others on the same note.

Note:

It is always vital to prepare for a meet up.

Be ready to meet new local guides during community meet-ups

Conclusion:

I enjoyed hosting the presentation meetup in my community since public speaking is one of my passions -I am looking forward to hosting similar meet-ups in other communities.

Link to Google photos shared album plus a video recap. Check out the recap @Raphael-Mahumane  and @ahadilugo 

Kisumu, Kenya
10 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Who is a Local Guide?

That was wonderful idea. We appreciate you for the great idea.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Level 8

Very nice to see your Recap- meet-up  @WaynePeter .

32 participants including 8 LG's, one and half an hour class room training awesome one.

Your content and idea is different and unique @WaynePeter .

I have also hosted a Meet-up last Sunday.

See it in the link and you can give your comments @WaynePeter 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/RECAP-Photo-walk-Meet-up-at-Valluvar-kottam...

Level 8

Thanks @Saravanakanth 

Level 8

Thanks @Selvamani_R let me check your meet up and give my comments.

Level 8

@WaynePeter This is an amazing work you're doing, I would love to collabo with you in future  and do the same in our community more often. I believe the attendees learnt a lot  from the  experienced personnels from GDC and Local Guides.

Level 9

This is a great initiative man. Congrats on so many participants. We need to organise one in Nakuru. 

Meidimi
Level 8

Thanks @questkv & @Meidimi we will plan for such meet-ups in Nakuru ...Looking forward to host the first one in Nakuru community

Level 7

Wow

Level 8

@WaynePeter you are truly among the few local guides in Kenya who have inspired me to want to do more and go out of my way to take up mentorship as that is my passion and I believe it can have a ripple effect. I commend your selflessness, commitment and passion. Quick questions 

1. Do you have a way of tracking the new local guides and perhaps mentoring them to grow?
  2. How did you manage to get 32 members to attend? 
  3. How did you manage GDC to buy lunch for everyone
  4. Was there link between the I/O session and the local guide session?

Keep up the good work buddy and thanks for offering to support me in my photowalk event this coming Saturday!

#TeamKenya join our Unofficial Facebook community group by clicking on this link http://bit.ly/30Il6aF