sophie_fusion's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

[RECAP] Weekly Grooming Session - 11

RECAP- Weekly Grooming Session - 11RECAP- Weekly Grooming Session - 11

It is that simple, “If you want to be more powerful in life, keep learning, growing, evolving and expanding’.

First of all thank you for landing into this page, I hope you as well as your family are in absolute shape. I am sure this is not the first recap you are going through, I believe you will have little patience to go through. I want to share with you about the Virtual Weekly Grooming Session-11. There have been a series every week with different topics shared by well renowned speakers connected through this amazing local guides community. 

On 27th June, 2020 we were privilege to have Sir Ravindus from Sri Lanka which enlightened the fellow local guides on: 

1.How to Bring out the Best Local Guide self within You.

2.Contributing to Street view 360 photography and becoming a Street view Trusted Photographer.

As it is a virtual meet the link was live by 5:15 PM (IST) and it ended by 8 PM (IST).

Firstly, Sir Anil & Ajit took full initiative to welcome the LG’s and keep the room alive, bright and cheerful.

Soon then the formal introduction began and requested the attendees to take a few seconds to introduce themselves to get familiar with each other and be more comfortable before proceeding to the main session. It is amazing to learn people from different locations not only from India but also other countries join this meet. There were about forty one LG’s in the house.

Before I highlight what our guest speaker Sir. Ravindus  @ravindus shared, I want to add a few lines about him. Many of you already know him very well, but here is his brief bio. He is one of the most adventurous local guides you'll come across.. A level 8 LG from Colombo, Sri Lanka. He is a Business Consultant, Open Water scuba Diver and a Street View Trusted Photographer. He has covered over 150 km in Google Street View. He is an adventurous person and a soul who cares about the environment. Hosted an event like cleaning  the sea, Underwater meet up. Bringing many local guides not only from Sri Lanka but from different countries into one platform for greater good and many more. 

Sir Ravindus during his sessionSir Ravindus during his session WGS-Session 1AWGS-Session 1A

The subject he took to share is common but the way he shared was extraordinary. 

Some key points are:

1. Be yourself: Do what you like to do, don't try to be a different person. Relate your interests, hobbies and day today life activities. 
  2. Find your Strength: We don't have to be excellent at everything but focus on what you like most and what you’re good at. For instance: Adding useful reviews, attractive photos/360, videos, list or adding new places/roads.
  3. Find your Niche: Find the unique things you can add to maps. Relate your special hobbies or interest to maps. Find your unique in yourself. Even if it doesn't come too soon, have patience to search for it. 
  4. Be Genuine and responsible: Make sure to think twice when adding something to maps. It's going global. Millions will see and use that info. Don’t assume things, only add information you are sure of it. Don't duplicate. Be responsible when publishing photos. Consider the privacy of yourself and especially others who may appear in your photos. Don't go behind quantity but Quality. 
  5. The secret recipe: Find your local guide partner in crime, Do meet-ups together, go on mapping expeditions together and find someone who has your back. 

The above point sir describes that it is his recipe,

but hey! The chef is YOU.  I am sure by now all together you'll cook the best meal. 😎

Moving on to the second topic, he added the most trending and demanding topic among the local guides that is 360 Photography. 

Some key points are:

1. 360 photo is a panoramic image that gives a 360 degree view of a particular place.
  2. Street view is google ways of showing the world in a virtual way using 360 photos.
  3. How to take 360 Photos: a. Using your very own mobile phone b. Using a dedicated 360 Camera Insta 360, Richo Theta, Xiomi MiShire
  4. 360 Photos from your phone: a.  make sure GPS and Data is on, open the app and click the Photo button at the right bottom corner. 
  5. There are three options; Link External Camera, Import 360 Photos, Take a photo Sphere.

Adding some more tips:

1. Make a mark where you are standing
  2. Make sure not to move out from that position until you finish all photos
  3. Don’t change the distance from yourself to your phone while you turn around. (Parallax Error)
  4. Try to avoid close objects and select a clear place as your center point.
  5. Be conscious about your whereabouts
  6. Be on a stable and safe place
  7. Don't try this at the edge of a cliff dangerous busy place. 

Last but not the least he added about Earning a Street View Photographer Badge in LG Connect. 

One needs to upload 50 proper quality 360 photos to the Google Maps via the Street View app. 

Keeping in mind there should be: a. No major stitch Errors b. Full 360 view is available. c. Faces are blurred, no privacy violations. 

WGS- Session 1,BWGS- Session 1,B

No matter how much I write to make you understand it cannot justify enough the way sir explain so for better understanding you may go through this video link: https://bit.ly/CL21-Session11-Video

Moving on to it  there was an interactive  Q&A session in which LG Rosy Kohli asked about street view photography and LG Indah Nuria Savitri about underwater which was well explained by Sir. Ravindus.

Thank you Sir for sharing with local guides community with the best of your knowledge. Sir, you're exceptional.

Soon after the session ended: Sir. Jaison brought up an interesting word game that pretty much reminisced our childhood, all the attendees LG involved and there was a huge competition on how fast and quick the LG’s could answer.I was amazed this community is filled with brilliant minds. Everyone was too quick to answer but the TOP WINNER 🏆🏆🏆 goes to @travelbyjp  👏

Word Game by Sir, JaisonWord Game by Sir, Jaison

Thereafter the second session was covered by Sir TG, he gave a Live Demo on How to improve your signature in LG Connect, as Chapter 2/3. 

Many LG’s were happy to learn about this section. As in LG connect it's one of the important factors too. Sir highlighted from adding basic (name, LG Level) to changing colors and images (copying html). He explained in a smooth manner, the attendee’s appreciated and were very happy they could learn. It was indeed a constructive session.

Sir TG - PresentationSir TG - Presentation

All together the session's ended with productive energy and numerous                                                             positive comments in the chat section as well as interactively.

All these could come to pass beautifully with the help of my Co-Host, Bijohn @BijohnAdams 

From the beginning till the end he helped me in every aspect. Sir, your dedication, understanding and time all means a lot. I am blessed to have you as my co-host. You define sincerity. 

However the reason behind the fruitful session is not only by the efforts of host and co host but also a bunch of people behind the screen working hard to bring all these together in one accord. 

I want to say thank you to the rare few individuals who have listened without judgement, spoken without prejudice, helped me without pretension.

1. Sir @TravellerG : A kind of a person, Our mentor who has the motto share & learn. Always ready to share his knowledge with others. The efforts he gives to every individual is absolutely bliss. Sir, you are magnificent. 
  2. Anil Singh @Anil6969  : Sir, your humour and the jolly molly nature of yours is truly precious besides that he is another google who knows everything and the best connection support system. 
  3. Jaison @jaisoncbe :Sir, you are one of the most knowledgeable person, who will not talk all the time but when you share it's truly powerful, a total bomb! Always ready to teach and support. Extremely grateful to you sir. 
  4. Ajit @ajitthite : Sir, you have no idea how amazing you are! You go out of your way to care about others, sharing your strengths, wisdom in ways truly blessed me. Thank you for going the extra mile to help
  5. Ewaade @Ewaade_3A : I don't have words for you because you're an absolute piece. Just to add few in short You’re P+B2 (Powerful + Beautiful and Brilliant)
  6. Pramod @PramodMG   : A person who is always ready to assist and being available. You are capable of amazing things
  7. Karan @karan_iclickthese & Jose @jose_G_benjamin: Thank you for being there too. You both complete the team. (team work makes the dream work)
  8. Gurupriya @gurukhrishnapriya: Ma’am your wishes, prayers, advice and love truly help us to gear up to the fullest. Thank you for being there constantly.  

Last but not the least: The super important, OUR ATTENDEE’S 

It is because each one of you being there in the house everything shines and truly made this meet up possible. Though i could not name all of you one by one but I want to thank you individually for being there. I deeply value your time, efforts and your presence. You are the reason made this meet up an accomplished series.  Looking forward to have you all joining us soon again in the upcoming series. 

To view some pictures click the link here:  https://bit.ly/CL21-Session11-Album

WGS-11 attendee'sWGS-11 attendee's

Stay curious, keep learning and keep growing, and always strive to be                                                                              more interested than interesting.                     - Jane Fonta

Much Gratefulness & Regards,

Throw kindness around like confetti's
New Delhi, Delhi, India
43 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Weekly Grooming Session - 11

Congratulations 🎊🎊🎊

It's Amazing RECAP post...

"Learning is a lifelong way of being. There is always something new to learn."

photo from pinterestphoto from pinterest

thank you very much happy for helping people by guiding.

Thank to all Local Guide Team 

Thanks & Regards

Pramod M G
Kerala Local Guide

@PramodMG

|║| About Me |║ ║|Instagram |║ Impossible is Just a Time Period Until Someone Makes it Possible.

Level 10

Oh.. Dear @sophie_fusion...

So well written RECAP... 

This great work shows your PERSONALITY! this post reflects most of your qualities, especially your dedication in doing any work... Surely need to visit again - to read it again....

Thanks for your kind words = as I usually say, you all are my ASSETS & your kind words provides me energy...

@NareshDarji, @Tejal @Mukesh71

HHope you will also enjoy this post.

Thanks dear all... 

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Congratulations @sophie_fusion and @BijohnAdams for your successful meet- up.

It was very important and informative session for us. 

You wrote a very detail recap. You did a great job. 

Thank you so much @ravindus for your amazing tips and tricks. 

You presented a different view of the local guide. 

I Loved your secret recipe for Meet-up.

Thank you for your tips about 360 photos. 

Before this session, my 360 photos were always messed up.

But after your tips, I have improved a lot.

Thanks❤

✤ Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam 

Level 9

@sophie_fusion 

That's what we call RECAP!! Brilliant write-up , indeed you're blesses with that quality.  God bless you.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 7

Thank you very much @sophie_fusion and @BijohnAdams for the very informative meet up and this awesome recap and to the speakers sir @ravindus and sir @TravellerG .

And I love the word games too  Sir. Jaison. 🙏

Also I would like to thank my friends @Shreeya_99 and @Ewaade_3A 🤗

Level 8

Thank you so much @ajitthite sir, @travelbyjp @Nomad_vikram @Anil6969 sir.... 

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts
Level 8

@sophie_fusion ma'am, you have very beautifully described the whole scenario of WGS-11. Excellent Recap. Thanking all the attendees, core team members for making this event successful. 

@RosyKohli @Durojaiyeolaunde1 @indahnuria @NitaBC 

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts
Level 9

congrats @sophie_fusion 

The way you way Are growing i cant stop apreciation for in an open forum i still recall your First day and First call However i salute to your dedication and determination, Many MORE to come on the way, 

Very nice articulated recap, 

What diffrence have you felt in yourself before and after joining to this forum? 

Learning has to be always FUN n Learn 

Congrats @travelbyjp For winning the quiz your certificate is on the way

Keep learning Sharing with some other LG for their remarks too, 

@Shrut19 

@RosyKohli 

@SoumyaPrakashRout 

@Shreeya_99 

@Globe_trotter_Ish 

@Kinjalghosh 

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Sophie, thank you.

You see all these things  because you can see a reflection of yourself in me.

Thank you for your beautiful compliments. I look forward to your next Meetup @sophie_fusion