IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Sri Lanka Photo Walk - March 2019

This meet up was held in Viharamahadevi Colombo, on time as usual. This was a heavy day with two meetups for us, one was @lahirusu's in the morning. When I reached the place early, I saw many nice drawings being sold on the pavement.

Street artStreet art
At that moment I decided to split the meet up into two and take one to capture viharamahadevi park, and the second to capture the beauty of those drawings on the road and be a little motivation to those talented roadside artists.

At first, @RajievR  came up early to join me. I have met him only at the last meet up, but we become good friends in just a single meet up. He is really a cool guy to mingle with. Then we both decided to start capturing some clicks at the park. Rajeeva was telling he might’ve brought his wife and kid along with him so that they both would have had fun looking at the ponies and other entertainments at the park while we are the meetup. Then we started capturing food stalls and other places around the park.

horse ridinghorse ridingKids playing in waterKids playing in waterdolphin water ponddolphin water pondat the part - photo taken by Lahiruat the part - photo taken by Lahiru
There were Accharu (picked sour tropical fruits in vinegar and other spices of Sri Lanka, corn, prawn vadai which is another famous Sri Lankan delicacy which comes up with a shrimp on top of a Vade (which is made of dhal), both sandwiched and fried together.

Acharu - Photo taken by RajievAcharu - Photo taken by RajievAcharu - Photo taken by RajievAcharu - Photo taken by RajievBoiled cornBoiled corn

A bit later, Lahiru joined us. Lahiru is the selfie experts in our team, who always comes with his selfie stick, wherever he goes. Later, @NipunT  and @Amilamadushan  joined us one by one.

Lahiru with selfie standLahiru with selfie stand
Sri Lanka Local GuidesSri Lanka Local Guides
Then the meet up officially begun with much enthusiasm. Amila brought his new 360 camera and inspired us all. We were discussing the fact that there have been several changes in the park since our last meet up which was held two years back at the same place. So we were told it is still worth uploading more photos of the upgraded park now.

After completing our first task, we walked towards the paintings to capture more pictures. I am someone who loves paintings already, so I thought this would be a little enthusiasm we give those talented artists. I loved the painting of an elephant and also few dogs which were really cute.

Colorful paintings - Captured by LahiruColorful paintings - Captured by LahiruColorful paintings - Captured by LahiruColorful paintings - Captured by LahiruColorful paintingsColorful paintingsColorful paintingsColorful paintingsColorful paintingsColorful paintings
We Sri Lanka local guides have now made the meetups more fun filled by our enthusiasm. You can realize that looking at the pictures. Do not forget to check out this fun-filled album.

Kind of model shooting :P and this got captured by LahiruKind of model shooting 😛 and this got captured by Lahirufun activity and this got captured by Lahirufun activity and this got captured by LahiruNipun watching painting - photo taken by AmilaNipun watching painting - photo taken by Amila
At the end, as I promised them at the meetup, we sat at a place to talk about my experience in creating my Local guide connect live videos. I was giving them some clues based on the guidelines provided this time. Also, there was this newborn pony to give us more enthusiasm. It was really cute and acted funny. Some of us were imitating his voice and we thought was excited to see us as his friendly visitors too.

Selfie mode :)Selfie mode 🙂
Later, Amila shared his experience about using his new insta360 since he is already a 360 expert by profession. We all returned home with much enthusiasm.

More fun photos please check this album

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Sri Lanka Photo Walk - March 2019

great job guys @IlankovanT and your team.

Abdelrahman Ewis
Level 7

Well done guys . Best wishes from me.

Level 9

Thank you @TaralaNayanaD & @Abdoado 🙂