WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Nairobi PhotoWalk (GCS)

IMG_20190224_173519.jpg

We recently decided to partner with Google Crowdsource community in Kenya and do a combined Photowalk, the Photowalk was to cover the Hurlingham Area in Nairobi. This area is 15 minutes drive from Nairobi Central Business District and is not well mapped. A week to the Meetup we were advised to take a permit from the local government which was to coast us 60 USD, this is due to a recent terror attack that happened near that area. Due to this events we decided to turn that Photowalk toa Nature/Photo Walk in a park nearby.

IMG_20190224_163356.jpg

We met on Sunday 24th at 1:30pm at Nairobi Central Business District and took a car and headed to Karura Park which is 40 minutes from the Central Business District, we paid the entrance fees and started our walk.

IMG_20190224_144214.jpg

Our first stop was at a swamp which is located inside the Park and the next one was at a waterfall which is located like an hour from the main gate when you follow the trails. our final place was the caves which are a few minutes from the waterfall 

IMG_20190224_153922.jpg

IMG_20190224_160538.jpg

After this we started our journey to the main gate, we finished our walk at around 5;30 pm and departed to our various destinations.

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [RECAP] Nairobi PhotoWalk (GCS)

Hi @WaweruM,

Thank you very much for the recap! I'm glad you had a good time and a breath of fresh air during this walk.

I like the Fire danger wheel, its very eye-catching. I think it will attract people's attention and make them be more responsible.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Nairobi PhotoWalk (GCS)

@WaweruM this is great, thank so much for the recap. Am hosting a photo walk to the Nairobi National Museum on June 8th would you be interested? It would be great to meet up, share ideas and have lots of fun because the 7th international cultural festival will be happening and we can practice how to take photos of food, art, include fun videos and how to edit them. I am also keen on accessibility and raising awareness about that and it will Ben great if you and your friends came.

Please checkout more details on the meet up section to rsvp.

#TeamKenya join our Unofficial Facebook community group by clicking on this link http://bit.ly/30Il6aF