MagdaG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Question to moderators

Good afternoon moderators,
After adding pictures, comments and informations during the last fews days, my points have been downgraded (pls. see attached picture).

Statistiques erronées et revues à la baisse sans explicationsStatistiques erronées et revues à la baisse sans explications
Can someone give us an explanation ? Thank you ! Regards.

@MagdaG

8 comments
Level 6

Re: Question to moderators

Hey Magda,

1000+ points, congrats on that!

Your issue may appear if your pictures are not compliant with the Google Maps Photos & Videos Policy. I cannot explain how Google Maps identifies those images. However, it might be possible other users flagged the photo being inappropriate. In this case, the photo disappears and the points become substracted.

I hope I could help.

Max

Connect Moderator

@MagdaG There might be a chance that some of your reviews were getting flagged and marked as private. The easiest thing to do is to go to your 'Reviews' tab on Google+ on web (classic mode!) and see if any of your reviews are marked as private. If that's the case, you might need to fix and edit those so they can be displayed. Try adding more sentences and make the explanation more clear. 

Level 2

Hi Magda,

I'm not an expert on this, but I think your points were not substracted, but the scale changed. In your first image your points show a litte above 1875 and the scale only goes to 1900. In the second image the scale has changed, now it goes from 1900 to 2000 points, I guess the scale changed because you earned points above 1900 so the bar would be completely blue with the first scale.

Hope this helps, regards 🙂

Level 7

Dear Magda,

If you were just misseeing the point bar, which had actually upgraded from 1800-1900 to 1900-2000, you just have be happy about it :D.

But, if you really experienced a degrading points, 'removed places' may be the cause. From what I have heard, you will lose point from places that have been removed from the map.

Level 10

@MaxE @andrewsugi @omarm @iyudhi

Thanks for sharing your point of view.  All I know is that none of my pictures have been rejected and all are compliant with the GM rules.

Still need to know why they accepted my pictures, comments, etc... and removed points.

I'm not complaining but trying to understand.

Salut de Genève.  Have a nice weekend !

Level 10

@iyudhi

Good morning, Yvan!

Many thanks for your advice.  I've checked all my reviews although I know that none one them are private and none has been flagged.

Wait and see !

Salut de Genève ! 🙂

Level 10

@omarm, hello !

Thanks a lot for your comment but it doesn't really respond to my request.

My question was :  why my points go from 1918 to 1880 2 days later.

I should wait for their next report on my stats.

Have a great day, Omar.

See you ! 🙂

Points, Rewards, Request of information, Question, Moderators, Local Guides, Genève, Suisse

Level 10

@andrewsugi

Thanks, Andrew!

I didn't say I'wasn't happy.  😄

I agree with the fact that "removed places" impact on the stats but 38 places in-one-go sounds strange.

Any way, let's see what happen in the next few weeks.

Have a sunny day!

🙂