cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Putting all Small Businesses in my City on Maps

IMG_20190323_123607.jpg

Hello Local Guides?

My main goal on Google Maps is to make sure that all the small businesses in my country are on maps and have accurate information. I always make sure that i leave a review of every place I visit and check if the information on their Business listing is correct, this includes: the website, pin location, phone number, opening/closing hours and if possible, i add a Street View Photo of the Business. I do all this in an effort to make sure that each business has accurate information online.

I recently hosted a Photo Walk where we partnered with the Google Crowd Source Community in Kenya with the goal of increasing the visibility of the businesses in our city on Maps. In return i have earned a lot of points on the maps making me reach level 9 with over 3.8 Million Photo Views.

Nairobi, Kenya
6 comments
Level 7

Re: Putting all Small Businesses in my City on Maps

Dear @WaweruM,
I admire your dedication, kindness and efficiency. I sincerely want you to be selected from a list of local guides.
Have a nice day!!!

Katy Darhel
Level 10

Thank you @katydarhel, i hope i will be selected to represent my country.

Level 6

i missed the opportunity for the connect live 2019 but hope you got selected i will try my chance next yr

Level 10

Yes, I was selected, make sure  you apply for next year

Level 9

Hi @WaweruM you are doing a great job there, I am doing the same here but for now I am in big cities, so I can not contribute in rural areas as I wanted to, unless I visit those near me locally.

Level 10

Raphael, there are a lot of businesses that are not online, I will add as many as I can.