HarlieFebrilliant's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Puncak Sawiyah, A Spectacular Onion Farm and Local Biking Destination in West Java

Puncak Sawiyah (Sawiyah Peak) is a mountain ridge that offers spectacular panorama located in Sangiang Village, Banjaran District, Majalengka Regency, Indonesia. Sawiyah is surrounded by vast onion fields that not only stunning for the eyes, but also the favorite destination of mountain bike lovers from all over Indonesia. A local Whistler? In order to reach the peak, you may need to start from Majalengka city, and traveling uphill the paved roads to Panyaweuyan valley. From this point, you can see the onions fields are everywhere, keep going on up the hills, in less than 2 hours you will arrived at the peak of Sawiyah. So, what is more satisfying than riding your bike on the mountain ridge? Well, mountain ridge with onions 🙂 You can even go home with a bunch of fresh onions in your backpack if you're lucky enough. Yes, the local farmers are so kind.
Harlie Febrilliant
Puncak Sawiyah, Sangiang, Kabupaten Majalengka, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Puncak Sawiyah, A Spectacular Onion Farm and Local Biking Destination in West Java

Hi @HarlieFebrilliant

Pretty cool story about cycling and onion farm. Wish you could have uploaded few snaps.

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Please go through Local Guide Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to L G Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Re: Puncak Sawiyah, A Spectacular Onion Farm and Local Biking Destination in West Java

Hi @HarlieFebrilliant

What a fabulous Local Story for the Google Maps Local Guides Connect Local Story. 

Thank you for this wonderful Local story. that sounds exhilarating. Very interesting. Onions to go , so fresh would be a tasty food on a healthy trail to Puncak Sawiyah (Sawiyah Peak) with a panoramic view too. 

Sangiang Village, in the 

BanjaranDistrict, Majalengka Regency, Indonesia sounds magical. 

@VijayDesai is right, it would be lovely to see your pictures here also. 

Plus the Google Maps links to where you were would be great. 

It is excellent to connect with you here. 

Thanks again for a really cool Local Story. 

With kind regards

@Justine2807

Level 6

Hello @Justine2807, @VijayDesai!

Thank you for the feedback. Actually I have tried to put those stunning photos. But while I was working on it, unfortunately Connect said there is something wrong with the HTML and told me to fix it, I wasn't really sure what happened and I don't really understand tho 😞 So I tried to revise the writing in HTML section, deleting all the fuzzy fonts and get it published. And those photos are just gone.

Is there something I missed? Please let me know if there is something I can do to make those photos get uploaded. Looking forward your tips, thank you!

Harlie Febrilliant
Level 10

Hi @HarlieFebrilliant

You will still have your photos on your Google Photos and Google Drive. There may have been a simple glitch with your device. I would try again if I was you. 

Load them up in singular format, one at a time here works best for me. 

Do you own an Android phone?, you will have no issues with uploading photos to Connect from there. Whatever device you are uploading from go to the Google Chrome and in the three dots in the top left corner set it to desktop site and then use the Google Photos to make it easy with all photos at all times. 

Google Photos , High Quality uploads are stored for free. 

Install Google Photos App. 

The new Connect is set to make it easy for you, so try again and I am sure you will have no troubles. 

You can edit your original post by going to the three dots at the base of your article , next to the Kudos heart function. You will see Edit your post there, click on it,  then simply add the photos via the camera icon on the Connect toolbar. You do not need to revert it to HTML. 

Also make sure to add the Google Maps links to where your story is about and where your pictures were taken plus the reviews from Google Maps also would be excellent to see here. 

Plus remember as @VijayDesai said Please go through Local Guide Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Since you are new, here are some tips for getting started:

• "About Local Guides" section has some really good tips on how to interact with the community and the Local Guides users from all over the world.
  • Search the community before posting, keep in mind that others may have asked your question because it might be answered already. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use the forum, this thread will explain you how to do it, it’s really simple.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it.
  • Use 'Share Your Photos and Discoveries' section to share your beautiful photos with description.
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
  • Checkout the terms & conditions about posting on LG forums.
  • Use this link  to meet the Google moderators
  • You can supporting other fellow Local guides by kudoing in best comments and posts, tagging Local guides by using '@', and marking the best solution in your posts by clicking 'Accept as Solution'.
  • Check the article about Points, levels & badging to know how you can earn points, badges and levels.
  • Local Guides receive points as detailed in the Help Center and all contributions must adhere to Google Maps' policies.

Thank you so much for being a part of our LG family.

Hope all this information will help you in getting a good start, I wish to see you more often 🙂 Let me know how you go with the photos. 

Cheers. 

With kind regards

@Justine2807