LukasKutilek's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Programmer or Local Guide?

My name is Lukáš Kutílek,

I’m from Czech republic. Many year I live in a small city on the north of Czech Republic, although I’ve been living in the capital city Prague for a several years now. I studied here at the Faculty of Information Technology on the Czech Technical University - so I am a programmer.

I really love traveling and tasting local specialties from around the world. Maybe it is because I am sitting all day before computer and programming, but I like it!

taste.jpg

My hobbies also includes protography, drones, running and other sports.

hobbies.jpg

Photographing is my hobby for many years, earlier I had many photos only saved in my computer and nobody can see it, nor one image help anybody. But now I can share photos, reviews and other experiences with people who really like it, and I get points for it. But it is not only about points - or not?

In last month I crossed the bar of 50 000 points, so I am on level 9. But it is really long way to next level.
Ok, let’s see on my points, Now I have almost 52 000 points, most of them is for 6 600 published photos with more than 20 000 000 views.

With the camera on my travels across Europe, sometime around the world, I shooting photos that I am sharing with Local Guides and other people thru Google Maps. Difficult shooting conditions are the right challenge for me! Taking pictures in bad weather, hard to get places or shooting at night with a long shutter gives the pictures the right atmosphere and originality.

travel.jpg 

I love Prague, it is very nice city, I am happy to live here. It is very popular city with tourists. When you meet lost turist, it is because he didn’t using or don’t know Google maps / but yes, in most cases he had it installed :-D. I am happy, that I can show them only our application and he will be never lost.

prague.jpg

Me and Local Guides
First my contact with Google maps was thru Map Maker, It is a shame that it is not a substitute for today - It was really useful. Then I also got my Google Business View certification and started shooting virtual tours for businesses. When the new Local Guides program came up, I joined it immediately. I attended and enjoy several events including Map Ups, Map Maker, DevFests, LG Summits and others.

I am looking forward to see other Local Guides in San Francisco this year. I definitely take the camera to the Local Guides Connect Live with me and I will share my experience with others. Do not be shy, ask me for everything 🙂

Praha 6, Česko
1 comment
Level 9

Re: Programmer or Local Guide?

awesome post @LukasKutilek, good luck.