Sandra1961's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Posting photos for reviews.

I just checked my old reviews and many, I mean really many of my photos weren't attached on the reviews, while I was certain that I posted those photos when posting the reviews..

Is it possible that the photos are only shows on the photo section without seen together with the review?

Thanks.

Bali Local Guides contribute to give back to the community.
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Re: Posting photos for reviews.

Hello @Sandra1961 

When the place details in a photo match with the one in review, photos get attached to that immediately.

However, if we select an incorrect place while posting a photo, then that doesn't happen. Reasons are like duplicate or similar-looking POI etc. 

But, there is no way to correct that post facto. Deleting the photo and reloading that remains the only option.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Hello @Sandra1961 

When the place details in a photo match with the one in review, photos get attached to that immediately.

However, if we select an incorrect place while posting a photo, then that doesn't happen. Reasons are like duplicate or similar-looking POI etc. 

But, there is no way to correct that post facto. Deleting the photo and reloading that remains the only option.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Sandra1961,

Thank you for reaching out. I am going to choose the answer of @C_T as a solution to your query.

Furthermore, I'm going to change the topic of your post to How-tos, as that is the place where Local Guides like you ask their questions, give feedback, and more.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks again @C_T  Can I just reload the photos attached to the reviews then? I don't want to get my account suspended because somehow it looks like I post the same photo twice?

Level 10
Level 10

Yes, you can do that @Sandra1961.

However, you have to take the following actions.
Delete the existing photo which is not getting attached to the correct POI.
Go to the specific POI, & then through the "Add a Photo" menu upload the photo once again.
However, you will be losing the current count of views & likes, if any.

Level 8

Thanks so much @C_T . How do I delete the existing photos which isn't attached to the POI? If I have to go through the photos section then it's a hell of a job, isn't it? I'll need 3 computers to do it properly. Otherwise I have to go back and forth between my photo gallery, reviews and photos section on the maps. It won't be an impossible task unless I don't have a life. LOL

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @Sandra1961 

The link to Maps still active, so I took the liberty to have a look at that.
In my opinion, scrolling 2.5 K photos is not a big deal. Going through that would be easiest on the phone.

I added captions to around 1.9 K photos at leisure.

Level 8

You could be right @C_T but maybe I'm not an expert in doing so coz I didn't really organize my albums. Just use albums starting last year and my photo Gallery contains other photos too instead of just for the reviews. I might learn more when I have some free time. Thanks once again.

Level 8

By the way, how to unlink from Maps? @C_T 

Level 10
Level 10

I guess, you wish de-linking Maps from Connect. For that, click the profile icon at the top right corner & then from the menu select "My settings". There below the time zone, you will find the a slider. Move that to the left & the link will vanish.