helga19's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Polish dishes and restaurants.

Hello my dear friends,

Today I would like to tell you about my impressions about Polish dishes and some restaurants after European Meet Up in Poland 2018.

Polish national cuisine is tasty and original.

--ZHUREK---soup on a bread sourdough, with potatoes, sausage or egg, sometimes served this soup in a bread loaf, which makes it attractive and especially delicious.ZHUREK.ZHUREK.ZHUREK,served with bread.ZHUREK,served with bread.

Bigos - on the basis of cabbage with the addition of vegetables used mushrooms, pieces of sausage or smoked meat.This traditional Polish dish is quite tasty and hearty.

Bigos.Bigos.

Bigos po staropolsku.

Old Polish style  Hunter's stew dating back to 1682  Polish cook book.

IMG_20180919_191610.jpg

Pancakes filling of greens with curry sauce .Slightly spicy and quite specific dish.

IMG_20180920_120845.jpgIMG_20180920_120854.jpg

PIEROGI---are dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms or with meat.

IMG_20180922_215028.jpg

Rurczak de volaille------This dish is called chicken "de Valais", pieces of chicken stuffed with mushrooms and pieces of bread.

ZRAZY ZAWIJANE-it is a beef roll stuffed with lard, pickles, onions and red pepper.

Rurczak de volailleRurczak de volaille

Pineapple fresh juice and cake with fresh strawberries.

IMG_20180920_174829.jpg

Coffee with cinnamon.

IMG_20180920_115809.jpg

Ice -cream with hot raspberry jam.

ice-cream with hot raspberry jam.ice-cream with hot raspberry jam.

MAX 14--This restaurant is located in the Jewish quarter , here is a good national Polish cuisine. This restaurant is located in the house where the famous woman Elena Rubinstein,the founder of the famous cosmetic brand, was born. In the house where the restaurant --she spent her childhood.

IMG_20180919_184946.jpgIMG_20180919_185002.jpgIMG_20180919_185014.jpgIMG_20180919_191009.jpg

You can talk about Polish cuisine for a long time, share your opinion and share photos, but I want to pass the baton to my friends and let them also share their impressions about Polish cuisine and restaurants after European Meet Up in Krakow 2018.

@TorM@AntonellaGr,@ErmesT@NatalkaR@LudwigGermany what about you?

Kraków, Польша
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Polish dishes and restaurants.

Delicious  @helga19,

The Polish dishes are outstanding! It is real traditional food and you can have an idea how it was in the past in Central Europe with the mix of culture.

But were did you got Bigos with French Fries? 😂😅 Never seen it. 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Re: Polish dishes and restaurants.

Dear @helga19 beautiful pics! I liked Polish food, I think I had one more Kg when I came back to Italy after meet up 🙂 🙂 🙂

Antonella