SamuelEdyson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Points didn't increase - Uploading 45 Photos for a Hotel [After 2017 Local Guides Level update]

Hi guys, helps are appreciated.

First of all, as an SV Trusted I have been hired to take 360 photos of a hotel. I took quite a decent amount (around 15 different location shots) and offered to cut out corner shots, wall shots and even tiny planet shots from 360 photos using app like Theta+, totaling to about 45 different photos which the client loved & asked to upload to Google Maps listing. Check out the hotel: https://goo.gl/maps/NM4iDbEH39r. If you see fish-eye photos & tiny planets by "Samuel Edyson" or has "Batam360" watermark, that belongs to me. You will count that from 45 photos I uploaded, only measly 10 photos are shown and the rest are not. Points were also not updated accordingly.

Questions, what made it happen? Here are some of my analysis:

1. Was it due to latest Local Guides level scheme updates? We know the pros to earning 5 points per individual photos regardless of the listing is to encourage people posting more photos, but many argued the cons of spammer potentials. Ultimately, the point here being raised is if there is a limit to earning points from uploading dozens of photos to a listing? After all, a big hotel can end up having hundreds of photos from a hired commercial photographer.
  2. Or is it because I uploaded too many photos or too fast and being marked as spamming? It is 45 photos, being uploaded in series of 4 - 8 photos (rooms & restaurants) or even 16 photos (4 different 360 for lobby area), all in one day. Too many photos, or too fast, spamming traits detected by G? None can fathom.
  3. Could it be due to the watermarks I placed in my photos? Well, it is a known practice to place watermarks in photos if we specifically want people to know the photos are copyrighted. Problem is, I have had many similar photos uploaded before, successfully without photos marked as private or deemed violating G's policy. Here's an example of my photo. https://goo.gl/maps/fpctUxUJteD2

Comments & Feedbacks welcome guys! Cheers...

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Points didn't increase - Uploading 45 Photos for a Hotel [After 2017 Local Guides Level update]

Hello @SamuelEdyson

You have to wait for sometime, hope Points will be credited in your Account, as soon as possible.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+