AkhilGarg91's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Pisa: Not just a Leaning Tower

Pisa is a city in Tuscany, Central Italy famous for its leaning tower. Over 1 million tourist visit every year and take photos of the tower, Its very photogenic. But Pisa is not only just a leaning tower, it has more than this. Pisa has one of the oldest University in World founded in 1343, University of Pisa which is house of around 50,000 student. Town is very beautiful and amazing.

Pisa offers a lot to tourist from best food to best sightseeing which includes Leaning tower of Pisa, Baptistery, Cathedral, Cemetery (All of these are part of piazza dei miracoli). The place is very beautiful and attracts millions of tourist every year to visit this place.Piazza de MiracoliPiazza de MiracoliLeaning tower of PisaLeaning tower of PisaChurchChurchBaptiestryBaptiestryRiverRiverGelateriaGelateria.

Link to Pisa

When you are in Pisa, How can you miss the best gelatria in the city. You must try the Gelateria doesn’t matter its winter or summer. 
Gelateria De’ Coltelli is one the best place or heaven for Gelateria lovers.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Pisa, Province of Pisa, Italy
23 comments
Level 9

Re: Pisa: Not just a Leaning Tower

Hi @InaS ,

If you are visiting Pisa, You can check out this link.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Google Vendor

Thank you very much for tagging me @AkhilGarg91. What impressed you the most in Pisa? Why would you suggest to visit it?

As a reminder, Connect is a place to discuss with other Google Maps users who have joined the program of Local Guides. Everyone is welcome here but the forum is not a platform for commercial advertising or self-promotion of any kind.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @InaS ,

Offcourse leaning tower of Pisa, itself is reason to visit but apart from that I like the church which is very beautiful and offcourse the best place for Gelateria, The city is beautiful and I like the architecture. Its worth to visit if you are going to Lucca.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Google Vendor

Thank you for your prompt reply @AkhilGarg91. Did you go to the seaside? How can you reach Lucca from Pisa? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @InaS 

I went to Viareggio for seaside and its the time for Carnival as well ( one of the best in Italy). You can go by train.

I went there with my friend with his car. But there are lot of trains.

For Viareggio carnival check this link .

https://stayfocusedstaycalm.com/2019/02/12/viareggio-capital-of-the-italian-carnival/

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Former Google Contributor

Hello @AkhilGarg91,

Thank you for making us travel with you via your photos, I'm really enjoying it!

I've never been to Pisa, but it's definitely on my to-do list. 

Italians have one of the best Ice creams in the world, do you agree?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @BorrisS ,

Thanks a lot for liking my post. 

Offcourse leaning tower of Pisa, itself is reason to visit but apart from that I like the church which is very beautiful and offcourse the best place for Gelateria, The city is beautiful and I like the architecture. Its worth to visit.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for this post @AkhilGarg91 , 

Did you have the chance to count "The devil's fingers", on the left side of the cathedral?

The legend says the devil was kicked out from the baptistery and left his fingerprint on one side of the cathedral. If you try to count them once, you will never get the same number the second time. 

The University that you have mentioned is called Scuola Normale Superiore, and only selected students are admitted to study there. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @Sorbe ,

I didn't try that  I wasn't aware but the entrance door of the cathedral there is a small lizard that traditionally brings good luck to anyone who touches it, why is rubbed by many visitors and many students for the exams go well. 

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook