shakeel_305's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Phone is almost full with google map photos and 360 panoramas

Hi Everyone.

please suggest me what to do when your phone is full with the google map photos and 360 panoramas and you cant delete because when you delete the phtos your local guide points are gone

New Delhi, Delhi, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Phone is almost full with google map photos and 360 panoramas

All pics stored in Google drive, so you can delete them from phone mate, if storage in drive showing full than convert them in to high definition option

Automatically all of the storage got free @shakeel_305

Click below link

https://photos.google.com/settings

Level 10

@shakeel_305 You might want to learn more how Google Photos app work from the help section here..

Once you have backed up to Google Photos on the web you can use the Free up Space function like here:

What happens is since you have backed up to photos.google.com, the duplicate photos on your phone will be deleted so there is storage on your phone again.

Easy peasy 

IMG_2455.PNG

Level 8

As you successfully upload photos on Google maps or Street view, delete the device copy of photos without any worry

Level 9

@shakeel_305 Have a look on the link mention below will solve your problem.

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6314648?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6156061

Happy Mapping

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Hi! I've noticed you've contributed a lot of photospheres which are amazing! Which phone do you use, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of upgrading my phone because I feel my Moto G Turbo isn't holding up anymore in terms of battery life and photo quality. 

EDIT: Also wrt your original query, maybe invest in an SD card and transfer all the photos there if you want to have a copy on your phone? Google Photos is a great option for a seamless online backup as the rest have pointed out. I think you also have the ability to view/download the photospheres and photos you've uploaded in case you need them. When you get your SD card, scroll through the options in your camera app and set the storage to "External SD card..". This will store all captured media on the external card, freeing up your phone's internal memory. 

Level 8

Hi @AarmanR i am using nexus 5x

and thanks for good comments

Level 8

No you will lose many points on google map to do like this

it happen to me two month back and then i restore all the photos from phone

Level 9

Once you load photos into google maps, it is not associate directly with a photo on your phone.  All my photos are backed up in google photos and I recently ran the clean up file on my phone and did not loose any points for my google map submissions.  Using the clean up function checks to see which photos are backed up on google photo and will only remove photos that are backed up.  

Level 8

Hi Shakeel, How are you, You can always delete pics from panorama folder after uploading the 360 pics, it gives you a option to delete the 360 pic after publish them. i suggest you try the option. thanks Aj Singh

@shakeel_305 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

please suggest me what to do when your phone is full with the google map photos and 360 panoramas and you cant delete because when you delete the phtos your local guide points are gone

@shakeel_305 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

AJ Singh