mjtaylor100's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Parking Garages and Lots

I am seeking to add parking facilities in Provo, Utah. I noticed that in many cities when I search Google Maps for "parking" that many results populate in the map. Here is the results for SLC:

SLC ParkingSLC Parking

However, although I know at least one Provo parking facility is mapped, it does not show up in the general "parking" search results. If I search by it's name it will identify as place and I can select it from the suggestions. Also, it's icon is brown and not red like those in Salt Lake City.

Provo Parking with Brown IconProvo Parking with Brown Icon

Any suggestions or information? It would be appreciated.

Best,

Matt

Provo, UT, United States
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Parking Garages and Lots

Red just means it fits the criteria you are looking for e.g.: here is my search and your brown garage is red 🙂

I think because Google Map's data is streamed, it takes some finessing to get the data you want.. e.g. moving the map etc. 

Red parking garage in provoRed parking garage in provo

Connect Moderator

Hi @mjtaylor100

Welcome to Local guide connect community. 

When you search any place result display in Red icon. If you searching individual icon display it's normal colours likes blue, brown, orange etc.

See exampleSearching bankSearching bank

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

Thank you. Thant's helpful!

Level 7

Now that the color question is solved, if I just search for "parking" though, these places still don't show up. Thoughts?

Level 10

Since there is no authoritative manual on Google Maps I will give an educated guess:

I noticed no the desktop version there is a check mark that say display results 1-20. So I always move the cursor or zoom in to finer level to find POI query results, assuming Google will load another batch of 20 results once I zoom in.

YMMV probably by a country mile!

@mjtaylor100 wrote:

Now that the color question is solved, if I just search for "parking" though, these places still don't show up. Thoughts?

Level 10

I would say Provo is a pretty cool town. I was travelling to Yellowstone etc and stopped by.. it is more diverse than the "word of the street" indicates. 

Happy fourth of july!