LuisMGonzalez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Paris or Montreal?

Paris or Montreal? This sunset light is showcasing the only #entouragedemetro #artnouveau made by the genius of #hectorguimard that is not located in Paris. Offered by the #ratp to our own #stm in 1967 #metromontreal #stationsquarevictoria #entreedumetro #ligneorange #lavillequejaime #lestguide #GoogleLocalGuide #googlemaps 

GUIMARD in Montreal

Montreal's metro entrance.Montreal's metro entrance.

Station Square Victoria-oaci, Montreal, QC, Canada
6 comments
Level 8

Re: Paris or Montreal?

Thank you for this wonderful picture, could you tell us exactly where it was taken on GMap?

Is it here https://goo.gl/maps/NuCNWiPPMCEzr39t5 ?

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Level 8

Greetings from the Bangladesh Local Guides.

Thanks for sharing this excellent photo with us @LuisMGonzalez.

Nice Click!

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 5

Paris, Montreal or México City?

Bellas Artes subway station in México CityBellas Artes subway station in México City

When I saw your post, I ran to my place to took this picture some blocks from my apartment in Mexico City.

It's one of the "Bellas Artes" subway station entrance, just between the famous Alameda Central and Bellas Artes Palace. Then I googled this: 

Héctor Guimard's gate in Mexico: an art exchange

This gate was a gift from the Paris metro to the Mexico City Metro on November 14, 1998, in reciprocity for the donation also by the Mexican metro of a Huichol Mural installed on October 6, 1997 to the Parisian metro at the Palais station Royal - Musée du Louvre in Paris.

How many others Héctor Guimard's gates exist outside to Paris?

Saludos from México!

YST
Former Google Contributor

Hi @LuisMGonzalez and @Yosoytrans,

Both of your photos are stunning! I've never seen such beautiful subway station signs before. You would think it's in France somewhere indeed, but how amazing is that.

I'd love to see more similar photos. Are there many like these around? I don't think I've seen anywhere anything like this. 

Thanks both for sharing! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@Yosoytrans WOW! Gracias por esta foto y este post. Qué belleza que nuestras ciudades compartan este maravilloso regalo de París. Espero algún día tomarme una foto en Bellas Artes. De acuerdo con la página Wikipedia sobre los edicules Guimard hay 5 fuera de París: Montreal, Mexico, Lisboa, Chicago y Moscú. Sería un interesante post conseguir que Local Guides de cada ciudad nombrada retrate el edicule y hagamos un post común. ABRAZO!!!!!

Level 10

@DanniS I just said to @Yosoytrans that there are only five outside Paris, all gifts from the Parisian Metro system (RATP). The lucky cities are Chicago, Mexico City, Montreal, Lisbon, and Moscow. What about a group post from each local guide representing each city. I call Montreal...LOL Thanks to both for your kind comments on my pictures. Just a gift for you both, my last ppicture from the same place this last winter...Bonjour, les amis !Bonjour, les amis !