2401's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Paradise of Book Lovers at New Delhi, India

fb book market.jpg

Scene of a shop at Mahilla Haat Sunday Book Market, Delhi where books cost Rs. 20 lying on the ground and people are searching for books of their choice 

On 10th and 11th June, 2023 I was in Delhi. On 11th June. 2023 I being Sunday, I decided to go to Delhi’s Sunday Book Market,Daryaganj which is famous for getting books at very low prices.This place is considerd as paradise of book lovers where one can get print books on variet of subjects and cost is fal less than their print price. Google Maps link of actual place is here.   I searched Sunday book market on Google Maps and booked Uber to go there. After reaching the venue as shown in Map I found that there the said market was not existing there. There were some permanent shops for books. I tried to find Sunday book market here and there by walking. When I failed to find the said market I asked a woman. She said that this market has been closed for a long time. “Mahilla Haat” Book Market which was very near to that place was also shown on Google Maps. So I decided to go there. After reaching Mahilla Haat Book Market got to know that the Sunday book market has shifted here and that's it. Being a Google Maps’s Local Guide I edited the map for mentioning Sunday Book Market, Daryaganj as permanently closed. Mahilla Haat Book Market was already on the map. This market opens every Sunday Morning at 8 and it closes at 6 pm. My review of Mahilla Haat Sunday Book Market is here.  When I reached there it was 9 o'clock. In the market, there were already many young scholars present at various stalls. In most of the stores/ shops books were kept on the ground. In some shops, expensive old novels were available for only ₹ 20. The book prices at most of the shops were Rs. 100 to Rs. 150 which were much less than their actual prices..Although the market was not very large still it took more than two hours to visit some of the shops where titles were of my interest. I was glad to see this market as in today's time when I used to think that there are very less book readers even then I saw a large number of people in the book market. Even in the age of the e Boos lovers of the print book still exist today. There is also a perfect world outside the books available on the internet. We need to explore this world too.

Entrance of Mahilla Haat Sunday Book Market, Daryaganj, Delhi.  The road at the entrance is not maintained but Acceebility is thereEntrance of Mahilla Haat Sunday Book Market, Daryaganj, Delhi. The road at the entrance is not maintained but Acceebility is there

Book lovers in the Mahilla Haat  Book Market, Daryaganj, DelhiBook lovers in the Mahilla Haat Book Market, Daryaganj, Delhi

Mahilla Haat Book Market, DelhiMahilla Haat Book Market, Delhi

Mahilla Haat Book Market, DelhiMahilla Haat Book Market, Delhi

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

New Delhi, Delhi, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Paradise of Book Lovers at New Delhi, India

@2401 It is so good to kbow about that book market in Delhi.I suppose that hindi and english are languages written in the books,but posibly there are other languages used in the book's texts,can you remenber,please?

Level 8

@2401 impresionante feria del libro, debe haber una gran variedad de temas en esas columnas. Saludos

Level 8

@IamJoseFelixAranda thank you for your comments which will help me further in updating the post.

I have seen their books in Hindi and English language.Next time I will go through the book shops thoroughly for other languages and I will inform you.

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Level 8

Thank you for your comments @Maximilianozalazar . Your comments will help me in updating the post.

Certainly their is vide variety of books which covers novels, personality development, curricular books... 

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram  

Level 8

@2401 te invito a pasar por mí Post y leer la campaña de @Rohan10 es muy interesante 

Level 8

That's so great that you could experience the book market in Delhi, even in the age of eBooks..! It sounds like a great place to explore and get some interesting things at really low prices. I am sure book lovers would find it amazing to explore the traditional print book market since the digital platform also has its own limitations. It's really nice and commendable that you offered your helping hand as a Local Guide to help visitors find the market more easily in the future. Thanks for sharing @2401.

Thanks, @Maximilianozalazar for tagging me here.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Impressing and most useful post @2401 

Thanks for your post and editing in Google Map...🙂

Level 10

Thank you dear friend @2401for sharing.

I am really thrilled see the photos and your description.👍

Signature Image
Level 8

@Maximilianozalazar thank you for mentioning your post about great book fair. I have gone through your post.Your post is really a great post and selection of pics is also amazing. Thank you for mentioning @Rohan10 ji whose post about library on wheels in Mumbai is also a great post in this area.

Krishna Kant Sharma

Maps 

Instagram