SandmanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Online business using post office PO Box as physical address

Google is rejecting my edit for this placemark below.It's a PO Box rental within the US Postal Service. The self proclaimed owner "villain" has an online business. At best I was able to have Google mark it as permanently closed but it may be reopened. By my interpretation of Google's terms, the business should have never been published on Google Maps.

Perhaps I'm missing something and Google now allows such points of interests?

Link:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Beard+Struggle,+1582+Gulf+Rd+%231478,+Point+Roberts,+WA+98281,...

Point Roberts, WA, USA
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Online business using post office PO Box as physical address

Hi @SandmanT 

It is probably an abandoned listing. The newest review is 3 years old. Reviews look suspiciously fake. 

You are correct that the owners can reopen the pin if they have not lost their Google Account.

Such issues are better dealt with in the Maps support forum.
Or you could contact Google Business Profile.

Cheers
Morten

Level 8

Re: Online business using post office PO Box as physical address

@MortenCopenhagen I always sort the reviews by the most recent. So, the newest bogus reviews are from 6 months ago and one year. Most of the reviews are from those with very few reviews to their credit. I suspect this is why I had difficulty in removing the business. These trolls know how bypass Google's algorithm. 

There are a couple of other businesses using their PO Box as their physical location, one is a mattress store: XWPJ+2H Point Roberts, Washington, USA [https://maps.app.goo.gl/ooCamWKbwJjEK7Eo8]. The other is a realtor, even her website fails to load properly. Google accepted the realtor, but that might be temporary, it hasn't accepted the mattress store with zero reviews. 

It's unbelievable. I see so many meaningless and bogus placemarks like fire hydrants, mailbox bins, and more.

Thanks for the suggestions in contacting the Maps Support forum and Google Business Profile. They are bookmarked.