lucatunes's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Not Receiving Trailblazer?

According to the google maps app, I have done everything to receive trailblazer except be the first to upload a photo. I found multiple places that didn't have photos yet and uploaded one, I still do not have trailblazer. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? 

24 comments
Level 5

Re: Not Receiving Trailblazer?

I am in the same ship as you.

i added two “first photos” of two places.

Are you an iPhone user? 

I think google apps are different for iPhone and android. Example: You can customize the home Icon in Google maps android but you cannot do that in Google maps iPhone

Level 8

Hi @lucatunes / @dixitk13,

Please be noted that Google Maps is not realtime enough.

When we see a place without photos, it can be a photo is being upload by others already - just waiting to be shown.

If you are using Android Maps - we can attach photo when we add a new place, which will make sure that photo is the first photo.  However, I heard iOS Maps user do not have this powerful tools.

The only way for us is just to keep looking for new places to add the first photo and write the first review.  

Level 10

Hi @lucatunes @dixitk13

Sometime Badges are delay sue to some reason, so please wait for next update.

refer Introducing new badges on Google Maps for more information.

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 5

@iDepp @YK1001 

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for such quick replies.

I found a place about 30 hours ago, went to that place, clicked "first" picture. And I did this for two places which didn't have any image. Till now there are no new images. So its probably not the case of waiting to be shown as you mention in "When we see a place without photos, it can be a photo is being upload by others already - just waiting to be shown."

Its hard to find such places firstly. And I am just worried its a "bug" probably which happens only from iPhone users. 

Level 8

Hi @dixitk13,

It is almost impossible for us to find out why.  We can just monitor those Places / Photos by our own.

If you suspect there is a problem in iOS Maps, can you try to add the photo in Desktop Maps?

Level 5

@YK1001 Thanks for the suggestion. Let me find another place with no pictures and upload from desktop this time. 

The last two places have an image(which are my own images now) so uploading again will defeat the purpose of "the first image" to unlock trailblazer.

One concern, I am not sure if the badges concept applies in desktop google maps. I don't see any badges on the desktop site. Seems like it's only available on iOS and android google maps. 

Level 8

Hi @dixitk13,

Those Maps Badges are not yet visible in Desktop Maps yet.

But applicable contributions from Desktop Maps indeed counts.

Thus to write the 1st review of a place, it does not matter if it is done at Desktop Maps / iOS Maps / Android Maps.

Level 7

Hi @lucatunes

Having same issue, upload the first photo of a place but it did updated on trailblazer.

Level 6

I am on android and I still dont have it. Thanks for all your replies 🙂