kenyz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Not Actually For Local Guide

Hello, my name is Abolarin Kehinde, I am from Nigeria, from Western Africa.

I am a Lead Generation Consultant with Tech And Brain Systems which happens to be my company.

I joined local guide not just to help others but mainly to help myself.

Initially, when I joined I never knew that it was something very serious, I never knew anyone uses it around here, I just knew it was available and it's not good enough for me and I could make it better.

At a point when I found it difficult to locate some places in Nigeria, especially in Ibadan City, I started adding my locations—places I visit to Google Maps. I added my home to Google Maps so I could easily send my home Coordinates to my friends instead of giving descriptions.

After that, I discovered I was actually an active Local Guide, I then moved on to participate in Local Guides challenges.

The first time I received an email notifying me that one of the pictures I uploaded had been viewed A Thousand Times I was amazed. I was like, so people really do use Google Maps. In fact, it was a great motivation for me to take more pictures to upload and add more locations to Local Guide Google Maps so as to help others.

I wish to attend this year's event so I can receive more motivation and see how I could use my Lead Generation knowledge to help improve Local Guides Google Maps.

It feels good to be here.

Thank you!