ColinP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Newfoundland Guides

Hey there,

I'm new to the guides community but loving everything it has to offer so far. As of now I am living in St. John's, Newfoundland. Wondering if there are any other Local Guides on the rock, whether you're from town or the bay, Central, West Coast, Burin anywheres! I'm originally from Nova Scotia but I've taken the time to really try to explore as much of the island as I can... unfortunately this was all before I became a guide. Love to here from ya bys if yas are out there. Should be some info we can share to fix er add, boost some levels and such. Here's a couple of my favourite pictures I've taken here in Newfoundland

RushRushRoad to MonkstownRoad to Monkstown

Gros Morne, Fjords, Hike to Snug HarbourGros Morne, Fjords, Hike to Snug HarbourGros Morne, Table LandsGros Morne, Table Lands

What are ya at bys? Lets see some pics

Second Cup, Water Street, St. John's, NL, Canada
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Newfoundland Guides

Wow - these are great photos. I loved the last picture. Hoping to visit Canada soon!

Level 5

Hey There, 

Are you still on the Rock???

Level 1

Hey Colin:

I'm in St. Lawrence, on the Burin Peninsula on the South East corner of NL. I am a volunteer with a heritage group and a tour guide on the Trails of Valour trail system outside town. The area is the center of many of the towns significant events over the past 400+ years of existence. Lots to discuss and see. Seabirds, Shipwreck, Fishery, Great Tidal Wave of 1929, Truxtun and Pollux Naval Disaster, 1942, Unique Geology, Subsistence Farming..... Copy of hiking.png

P.S. I'm new to this but will post more details in the next while. I also hope to correct some errors in the mapping of features and locations in our area. 

@ColinP wrote:

Hey there,

I'm new to the guides community but loving everything it has to offer so far. As of now I am living in St. John's, Newfoundland. Wondering if there are any other Local Guides on the rock, whether you're from town or the bay, Central, West Coast, Burin anywheres! I'm originally from Nova Scotia but I've taken the time to really try to explore as much of the island as I can... unfortunately this was all before I became a guide. Love to here from ya bys if yas are out there. Should be some info we can share to fix er add, boost some levels and such. Here's a couple of my favourite pictures I've taken here in Newfoundland

RushRushRoad to MonkstownRoad to Monkstown

Gros Morne, Fjords, Hike to Snug HarbourGros Morne, Fjords, Hike to Snug HarbourGros Morne, Table LandsGros Morne, Table Lands

What are ya at bys? Lets see some pics

Hares Ears, St. Lawrence, NLHares Ears, St. Lawrence, NLChambers Cove, St. Lawrence, NLChambers Cove, St. Lawrence, NLMonument to remember sailors  lost in the Truxtun and Pollux Naval Disaster.Monument to remember sailors lost in the Truxtun and Pollux Naval Disaster.

Level 5

Iceberg off BonavistaIceberg off Bonavista

Cape Bonavista LighthouseCape Bonavista Lighthouse

Hey Everyone! I am a new guide from Bonavista, Newfoundland.  There's so much to see and do In Bonavista and I'm looking forward to sharing photos and updates.